The UCA Staff Senate Employee of the Quarter (EOQ) will be recognized for outstanding job performance, University involvement or service during the quarter. Staff Senate will recognize four (4) EOQ recipients per fiscal year (July- June).
1st quarter- July- September
2nd quarter- October- December
3rd quarter- January- March
4th quarter- April- June
- The EOQ nomination process will be an online process. Nomination forms will be electronically submitted to the Chair of the committee. The Chair will contact nominees to have them complete the online nominee intent form. The Chair will prepare all of the accepted nominations and distribute to committee members quarterly for evaluation and selection of the EOQ.
- Any staff member employed by the University at least one year may be nominated for the EOQ. A person may not nominate themselves.
- EOQ nominations will be accepted at any time during the quarter. The committee will meet a week after the quarter ends to evaluate the nominations and select the EOQ.
- EOQ winners must sit out of the EOQ process for one full academic year following the year they were recognized in order to give more staff members the opportunity to be recognized.
- EOQ winners can be nominated for the Employee of the Year (EOY). The EOY will be a completely separate process from the EOQ. No documentation from the EOQ will be considered in the selection of the EOY and vice versa.
- Each EOQ recipient will receive a reserved parking space (employee must have parking sticker) for the following quarter, tickets to the Night of Distinction, and $150 in BearBucks.
- The EOQ recipients will be recognized at the annual Awards Reception in April and be invited to attend the EOY luncheon.
- The University community will be notified of the EOQ winners via Admin-L email, Staff Senate website, and the Bear Ledger.