|Students Entering Fall 2008, 2009, 2010||Students Entering Fall 2011|
|$5,250 per semester||No longer offeredto incoming freshmen|
Scholarship Renewal Requirements:
- Remain continuously enrolled in at least 12 hours each semester during the term of your scholarship.
- Complete 12 or more hours and earn at least a 2.5 GPA each fall semester.
- Complete 30 or more hours and earn at least a 3.25 GPA each academic year (fall and spring terms combined). Cumulative GPA is not used to determine renewal status, only the combined fall and spring GPAs.
- If for any reason you leave the University you forfeit your scholarship.
- To receive the full value of this scholarships you must reside in University housing. Only mandatory fees will be covered by the scholarship: no college, departmental, and class specific fees are covered.
Requesting Reinstatement of a Scholarship
In order to reinstate a lost UCA academic scholarship, the student must have at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA, and must complete at least 15 hours the semester prior to reinstatement. (Only Fall and Spring hours will count toward the hours requirement.) Students meeting these criteria should submit a Reinstatement Request Form (see below).
Once a scholarship is reinstated, you must meet all original requirements of the scholarship for future renewal. Note: When a scholarship is reinstated mid-year, the student must complete at least 15 hours and earn at least a 3.25 GPA for the initial semester in order for the scholarship to renew.
Placing a Scholarship on Hold
A UCA academic scholarship may be placed on hold for a semester or more if a student is not enrolling at UCA (or another institution), and has a documented medical condition; has been called to active military service; is participating in an official religious service or duty; or is studying abroad. Students should request a hold on their scholarship using the form below.
Please note that a student who leaves the University without first requesting and receiving approval to place a scholarship on hold, will forfeit his or her scholarship. Please contact Enrollment Management at 501-450-3125 to discuss other hold conditions. Note: Upon return, a student’s award will continue under the original renewal criteria.
Requesting an Exception to Renewal Requirements
Exceptions to the requirements for renewal of a scholarship are granted on a medical basis for severe or life-threatening medical emergencies, only. All requests must be accompanied by appropriate documentation as outlined on the Renewal Exception Form (see below).
Requests for exceptions to the requirements for renewal may also be made on the basis of the student being called to military duty during the semester.