UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE UCA’S EXTENDED STUDIES PROGRAM HAS BEEN SUSPENDED PENDING FINAL DETERMINATION OF HOW NEW FINANCIAL AID REGULATIONS AFFECT THESE PROGRAMS.
OPEN ENROLLMENT ADMISSIONS PROCESS
FOR ADMISSION TO UCA:
- You must be admitted to UCA before you can take an Extended Study online class.
- You must have at least a 2.0 GPA to be admissible to UCA.
- Visiting Students require a Letter of Good Standing, including GPA, from your current institution. When requesting a Letter of Good Standing, be sure that you tell them to provide your GPA. If they do not, you will have to request another one. If you are not currently enrolled, please have the Letter of Good Standing sent from the institution you last attended.
- If you have graduated from college we require a copy of your College Transcript showing your earned degree.
- If you have never attended college, we require a copy of your High School Transcript reflecting your cumulative GPA.
- It is important that we receive the required information as soon as possible so that we can evaluate your transcript and determine eligibility. If you have questions about the documents required for admissions, you may contact the Admissions Office at (501) 450-3128 or email@example.com.
Visit the UCA Admissions page.
EXAMS AND GRADES
Many exams in Extended Study classes are proctored. If you need to take a proctored exam, all lessons have to be submitted to the Extended Studies Office (if paper) or posted in Blackboard. If you are taking the exam at UCA, you must call the UCA Testing Center at 501-450-3209 BEFORE filling out the Test Request Form. If you are taking the test at another accredited college or university testing site, you must call that site and schedule the exam BEFORE filling out the Test Request Form.
There is important information you need to know about taking Extended Study proctored exams in order to complete the request form, such as:
- When may I take the exam?
- What materals are needed to take the exam?
- UCA Testing Site info.
- If testing at another accredited College or University you will need their contact information including mailing address, fax and phone number.
- Special accommodations, if needed.
Checking Your Final Grades
Students may check their grades using our student portal. Once you have been away from UCA for a term your information will be moved to the Former Students and Alumni portal, for more information on that visit the Registrar’s Main page under Resources for Former Students and Alumni.
- Navigate your browser to my.uca.edu and login.
- Click the Self-Service Tab.
- Click Student & Financial Aid.
- Click Student Records.
- Click Final Grades.
- Enter the appropriate term.
- Click submit.
EXTENSIONS AND REFUNDS
A student who enrolls in an open enrollment based course is entitled to a 50% refund of tuition and fees ONLY if the course is dropped within the first 30 days of enrollment. Refunds will NOT be considered after the first thirty (30) days of enrollment. The official enrollment date of an Extended Study course begins on the date in which the student’s application is processed by the Office of the Registrar.
A student withdrawing from an open enrollment course within the first four months will receive a grade of ‘W’. The student that withdraws during the fifth or sixth month will be issued a grade of ‘WP’ (withdraw passing) or a grade of ‘WF’ (withdraw failing) by the instructor. Be aware that the WF status will affect the students GPA the same as an F would. If the course work is incomplete at the expiration date, an ‘F’ grade will be assigned. The official course withdrawal date is the date the online drop form request is received by the Office of the Registrar.