The Psychology and Counseling Training Clinic (PCTC) is a training center for graduate students in the psychology and counseling programs at UCA. The clinic provides high quality and affordable psychoeducational assessment services for those seeking testing for education related issues. In the future, PCTC services will expand to include an array of counseling and psychoeducational interventions.
Our services currently focus on adolescents and adults and include:
- Diagnostic interview to assess history and determine appropriate evaluation
- Psychoeducational testing to examine learning strengths and weaknesses
- Psychoeducational testing to diagnose learning and attention problems (evaluation does not guarantee a diagnosis or access to accomodations)
- Outlining learning strategies and/or accommodations based on assessment results
We are not providing assessments of children under age 12 at this time.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Evaluations conducted by psychology doctoral students who are supervised by Licensed Psychologists
- A team approach to analyzing assessment results and making recommendations
- Confidentiality of records and reports
- A feedback session following the evaluation to explain assessment findings and recommendations
- A final copy of the evaluation and recommendations
- Specific information regarding individual differences
- $25 for initial interview
- $400 for complete assessment (includes testing, feedback session and written report)
- We do not bill insurance or accept third party payment.
- Fees are due at time of service.
- 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Monday - Thursday
- Please call 501.450.5439 to make an appointment
University of Central Arkansas
Mashburn Hall 118 (across from the HPER Center)
Conway, AR 72035
Parking is located in the HPER parking lot or Student Lot located off of Farris Street and Student Lane. For a downloadable map of campus parking, please click here.
For More Information on Clinic Services contact:
Dr. Lisa McNeir, Clinic Director
501.450.5439 or firstname.lastname@example.org
WHEN TO REFER:
- A previous diagnosis requires an updated evaluation for college accommodations
- Difficulties adjusting to academic demands of college
- Suspected learning disability or ADHD
- Call our office at 501.450.5439 to schedule an appointment (if after hours, please leave a message with your name and number and our staff will return your call)
INTAKE AND CONSENT FORMS:
- The following forms and consents are available for download.
- Please complete the "Intake Form" and bring it to your first appointment