The Psychology and Counseling Training Clinic (PCTC) is a training center for graduate students in the psychology and counseling programs at UCA. The clinic provides high quality and affordable psychoeducational assessment services for those seeking testing for education related issues. In the future, PCTC services will expand to include an array of counseling and psychoeducational interventions.
Our services currently focus on children, adolescents, and adults and include:
- Diagnostic interview to assess history and determine appropriate evaluation
- Psychoeducational testing to examine learning strengths and weaknesses
- Psychoeducational testing to diagnose learning and attention problems (evaluation does not guarantee a diagnosis or access to accomodations)
- Outlining learning strategies and/or accommodations based on assessment results
- Intensive academic intervention services based on assessment results
- School-based academic testing to relieve workload in local school districts
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Evaluations conducted by psychology doctoral students who are supervised by Licensed Psychologists
- A team approach to analyzing assessment results and making recommendations
- Confidentiality of records and reports
- A feedback session following the evaluation to explain assessment findings and recommendations
- A final copy of the evaluation and recommendations
- Specific information regarding individual differences
$400 for complete assessment (includes testing, feedback session and written report)$200 for complete assessment (includes testing, feedback session, and written report) with UCA student ID
- We do not bill insurance or accept third party payment.
- Fees are due at time of service.
- 8:00 am to 4:00 pm on Monday and Wednesday
- 8:00 am to 7:00 pm on Tuesday and Thursday
- Please call 501.450.5439 to make an appointment
University of Central Arkansas
2290 Dave Ward Dr. (Across from Chicken Express)
Conway, AR 72035
There is a small parking lot in front of the building for visitors.
For More Information on Clinic Services contact:
Dr. Heather Martens, Clinic Director
501.450.5439 or email@example.com
WHEN TO REFER:
- A previous diagnosis requires an updated evaluation for college accommodations
- Difficulties adjusting to academic demands of school or college
- Suspected learning disability or ADHD
- Call our office at 501.450.5439 to schedule an appointment (if after hours, please leave a message with your name and number and our staff will return your call)
INTAKE AND CONSENT FORMS:
- The following forms and consents are available for download.
- Please complete the “Intake Form” and bring it to your first appointment