The Counseling Psychology Emphasis (leading to a Ph.D. in School Psychology, Emphasis in Counseling Psychology) is based on the scientist-practitioner model of training and is designed to prepare counseling psychologists to provide evidence-based psychological services and conduct research in clinical and academic settings.
The Counseling Psychology Emphasis began in 2008 and is not accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). Accreditation by APA will be sought at the earliest possible opportunity.
Highlights of the program include:
Scientist-practitioner training in evidence-based treatments and conducting applied mental health research
Close working relationships with active Counseling Psychology faculty
Research Associate positions for competitive applicants
Learning environment that encourages scholarship and innovation
Funding for conference travel to present research
4-6 new students admitted each year
- Application deadline to the Department of Psychology & Counseling is January 15
- Students accepted into the program at that time may begin classes in the following fall semester.
- Application Form
- Tuition and Financial Aid
- Counseling Psychology Emphasis Handbook 2013-2014
- Counseling Psychology Emphasis Handbook 2012-2013
- Doctoral Practicum
- Description and Information
- Doctoral Practicum Contract (P7365)
- Practicum Log
- Doctoral Practicum Sites
- Application for New Practicum Sites
- C6381/C6382 Practicum Contract
- University Supervisor Evaluation Form
- Onsite Supervisor Evaluation Form
- Student Evaluation of Practicum Site Form
- Consent Form for Taping
- Taping Procedure Guideline
- Tape Critique Form
Internship Forms for Counseling Psychology (Doctoral Degree)
- Internship Contract - MUST be completed and signed by licensed, doctoral-level psychologist/supervisor before you begin internship
- Internship Evaluation by Student - Student completes at end of semester.
- Internship Evaluation by Onsite Supervisor - Completed at mid-term and end of semester and should be delivered to the UCA supervisor before the end of the semester
- Counseling Psychology Internship Log - Keep a running log of your activities and submit at end of semester.
- Counseling Psychology Research Newsletter
- Psi Chi International Honor Society
- Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers
- Use of Human Research Participants
- Use of Animal Research Participants
- Sponsored Programs Website
- STOPS database - contains information on scholarships, fellowships, internships, grants, travel internships and awards for students at all levels including undergraduate and graduate
- APA Grants