The University of Central Arkansas (UCA) is conducting a global search for its next Provost and Executive Vice President (Provost). UCA aspires to be a premier learner-focused public comprehensive university, a nationally recognized leader for its continuous record of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, scholarly and creative endeavors, and engagement with local, national, and global communities.
The Provost and Executive Vice President reports directly to the President and is responsible for the academic operations of the University. The Provost has oversight of all units within the Division of Academic Affairs including six academic colleges (Business, Education, Fine Arts and Communication, Health and Behavioral Sciences, Liberal Arts, Natural Sciences and Mathematics), the Schedler Honors College, University College, and the Graduate School. In addition, the Provost will establish a strategic direction and oversee activities to advance and support UCA’s academic mission and vision. The Provost plays a key role in the allocation of budgetary resources and the promotion of diversity, equity, and inclusion across campus.
Preferred Qualifications and Expectations
The Provost will be an accomplished academic leader with an earned doctorate and a record of distinguished research, scholarship, and teaching that supports the award of tenure at the rank of full professor. The preferred candidate will be a leader for higher education and have an appreciation of the role and mission of a public comprehensive university.
Other preferred qualifications include:
- Significant and successful academic administrative experience
- Proven transparent and collaborative leadership acting as a trusted team builder
- Budget and management experience in a complex organization
- Strong communication skills, as well as the ability to advocate for the University to internal andexternal constituencies
- A commitment to academic values including shared governance
- Experience with innovative experiential learning opportunities for students including, but notlimited to, undergraduate research, study abroad, service learning, and co-op opportunities
- An inherent interdisciplinary focus and commitment to innovative collaboration across diverseacademic units and disciplines
- Demonstrated competencies utilizing new technologies to deliver educational services
- A commitment to diversity and an understanding of its many forms, including creating andnurturing diversity among faculty, staff, administrators, and students
- Familiarity with the strategic planning process and a proven capacity to assist in adopting and implementing a strategic plan
- Passion for preparing students for productive and successful lives
- Unquestionable character and integrity
About the University
Founded in 1907 as Arkansas State Normal School, the University of Central Arkansas has emerged as a leader in 21st- century higher education with 11,698 students, 618 full time faculty, 90 undergraduate programs, 37 graduate programs in six academic colleges. Situated conveniently in the geographic center of the State of Arkansas, UCA is committed to excellence through the delivery of outstanding undergraduate and graduate education that remains current and responsive to the diverse needs of those it serves. The university’s faculty and staff promote the intellectual, professional, social, and personal development of its students through innovations in learning, scholarship, and creative endeavors.
The Search Committee invites applications to be submitted to the search firm assisting the University of Central Arkansas. Completed applications should be received by January 22, 2018, for optimal consideration; review of completed applications will continue until the position is filled. Candidates should include, with their curriculum vitae, a letter of application describing their relevant experiences and interest in the position, together with the names, titles, and phone numbers of at least five references. References will not be contacted without prior permission of the applicant. Please submit all nominations, applications, and communications to the search firm assisting UCA:
Laurie C. Wilder, President – email@example.com
Porsha L. Williams, Vice President – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jacob C. Anderson, Principal – email@example.com
Parker Executive Search
Five Concourse Parkway, Suite 2900
Atlanta, GA 30328
770-804-1996 ext. 102; 109; 111
The search will be conducted in accordance with the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act. For additional information about the University and Conway community, please visit the following websites: http://uca.edu and http://cityofconway.org
The University of Central Arkansas is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution dedicated to attracting and supporting a diverse student, faculty and staff population through enhanced multicultural learning environments and opportunities. In keeping with its nondiscrimination policy in employment, admissions and other functions and programs, the university considers employees and students on the basis of individual merit and will not discriminate against a person on the basis of gender, race or color, ethnicity, religion, spiritual beliefs, national origin, age, familial status, socioeconomic background, sexual orientation, disability, political beliefs, intellectual perspective, genetic information, military status, or other factors irrelevant to participation in its programs.