Professor and Pre-Law Advisor
Irby Hall, Room #217C
Ph.D., Political Science, University of Missouri-Columbia, 1989
M.A., Political Science, University of Missouri-Columbia, 1986
B.A., Political Science and Sociology, Chadron State College, 1980
U.S. Government & Politics
American Judicial System
1. McInnis, Thomas N. 2011. “The Changing Definition of Search and Seizure,” Insights on Law and Society, vol. 11, pp. 10-28.
2. McInnis, Thomas N. 2009. The Evolution of the Fourth Amendment, Lanham, MD: Lexington Books.
3. McInnis, Thomas N. 2009. “Nix v. Williams and the Inevitable Discovery Exception: Creation of a Legal Safety Net,” Public Law Review, vol. 28 (no. 2), pp. 397-446.
4. McInnis, Thomas N. 2007. “Kansas City Free Speech Fight of 1911,” in Kansas City, America’s Crossroads, Diane Mutto Burke and John Herron, editors, Columbia, MO: State Historical Society of Missouri, pp. 153-169.
5. McInnis, Thomas N. 2002. “The Warren Court and the Fourth Amendment: Weakening Constitutional Protections,” Midsouth Political Science Review, vol. 6, pp. 41-60.
6. McInnis, Thomas N. 2001. The Christian Burial Case: An Introduction to Criminal and Judicial Procedure, Westport, CT: Praeger Publishers.