Ph.D., Political Science, University of British Columbia, 1980
M.A., Political Science, University of British Columbia, 1972
B.A., Asian Studies, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1971
U.S. Government & Politics
Politics of Presidential Selection
Interest Groups & Money in Politics
Political Parties & Electoral Problems
Seminar on Campaign Management
1. Wekkin, Gary D. and Joseph Y. Howard. 2011. Political Parties and Civil Society Within American Federalism. In Rupak Chattopaddhyay & Karl Nerenberg, editors, Dialogues on Political Parties and Civil Society in Federal Countries. Ottawa, CA: Forum of Federations/IACFS: Global Dialogue on Federalism Booklet Series, Volume 9, 47-49.
2. Wekkin, Gary D. and Donald E. Whistler. 2009. History, Political Culture, and Constitutional Reform in Arkansas. In Richard Wang & Janine Parry, eds., Arkansas Politics and Government, 2nd edition, Fayetteville, AR: University of Arkansas Press, 197-216.
3. Barth, Jay & Gary D. Wekkin. 2009. “Arkansas.” Encyclopedia of American States and Regions, Volume 1, Donald P. Haider-Markell, editor. Washington: Congressional Quarterly, pp. 163-174.
4. Dowdle, Andrew and Gary D. Wekkin. 2009. Evangelical and Social Conservative Support for George W. Bush in the 2000 and 2004 Presidential Elections:Evidence from Oklahoma, Arkansas and Ohio. Oklahoma Politics 19 (November): 17-40.
5. Wekkin, Gary D. and Donald E. Whistler. 2007/2008. “A Causal Analysis of the Political Socialization of Arkansas Female and Male High School Seniors,” Midsouth Political Science Review, vol. 9, pp. 119-144.
6. Dowdle, Andrew and Gary D. Wekkin. 2007/2008. “Moral Values and Candidate Effects in Arkansas Elections, 2000-2004.” Midsouth Political Science Review, vol. 9, pp. 1-18.
7. Wekkin, Gary D. 2007. “George H. W. Bush and George W. Bush: Puzzling Presidents, or the Puzzle of the Presidency,” White House Studies, vol. 7(2): pp. 113-124.
8. Wekkin, Gary D. and Andrew Dowdle. 2006. “Arkansas – The Post-2000 Elections: Continued GOP Growth or a Party that Has Peaked?” In Charles S. Bullock III and Mark J. Rozell, editors., The New Politics of the Old South, 3rd edition. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield, pp. 213-236.
9. Wekkin, Gary D. 2005. “The ‘Blame Game’: What Went Wrong with Health Care Reform?” White House Studies, vol. 5(1): pp. 54-63.
10. Wekkin, Gary D. and Donald E. Whistler. 2003. “Religion and Politics Among Arkansas High School Seniors: A Gender and Race Analysis,” Journal of Southern Religion, vol. 6: pp. 1-36.
11. Wekkin, Gary D. 2002. “Arkansas: Electoral Competition and Reapportionment in the ‘Land of Opportunity.” In Charles S. Bullock III and Mark J. Rozell, editors., The New Politics of the Old South, 2nd edition. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield, pp. 195-222.