1. How can I reach my student if we have a family emergency?
The University of Central Arkansas Police Department can assist you in locating your student during a family emergency if you cannot make contact yourself. For a police emergency call (24/7): 501-450-3111.
2. How can I get information on financial aid for students?
Parents and students may obtain information concerning financial aid through the student's MyUCA account, calling 501-450-3140 or writing to, Office of Financial Aid Aid, 201 Donaghey Avenue, McCastlain 001, Conway, AR 72035.
3. Where can I get my questions answered concerning my son or daughter's tuition bill?
Questions concerning a student's bill, refund or payments are referred to the Student Accounts Office. You may contact them at 501-450-5015, accessing the Student Accounts website, or writing to, UCA Student Accounts, McCastlain Hall 144, 201 Donaghey Ave, Conway, AR 72035
4. I have questions concerning on-campus housing, whom should I contact?
Housing and Residence Life is responsible for all on-campus housing. They may be contacted at 501-450-3132, accessing the Housing and Residence Life website, or writing to, Housing and Residence Life, Bernard 201, 201 Donaghey Ave, Conway, AR 72035.
5. Is there a University events calendar?
6. Is there an academic calendar noting the start and end of classes each semester?
7. Are there immunization and medical requirements for new students enrolled at UCA?
Yes, In accordance with Arkansas State Law Act 141 of 1987, and revised Arkansas Department of Health Immunization Rules and Regulations revised 2009, all full-time students and those part-time students residing on campus are REQUIRED to provide legal proof o immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR), to the Student Health Clinic.
8. Is there a campus escort service to help students walk safely to a campus destination after dark?
Yes, the UCA Police Department will provide an escort to students that need one. To request an escort, call 501-450-3111.
9. When will I get a tuition bill?
Tution bills are sent to the student's UCA email address. These email bills are sent between a month and two weeks before the first day of classes. However, as soon as a student registers for the next semester's classes, their bill is ready in myUCA.
10. Our family insurance company (or my employer) is requiring proof that my son or daughter is (or was) enrolled at UCA. What do I do?
Visit the registrar's website for academic standing/enrollment verification form. This form must be filled out by the student and submitted to the Regisrar's Office. This document will take three full working days to process.