16th Annual Veterans Day Celebration
November 7, 2013
Old Main Lawn
(Rain Location: Brewer-Hegeman Conference Center)
University of Central Arkansas
Ceremony honoring veterans will begin at 1:40 p.m.
Brigadier General Dwight Balch
Director of the Air National Guard
- Red Cross Blood Drive
- Be the Match National Marrow Donor Program
- Performances by: the UCA Concert Choir, Brass Quintet and Marvin Williams
- Special guests include: Congressman Tim Griffin, Mayor Tab Townsell, and Senator Jason Rapert
- Presentation of the Honorary Doctorate of Public Service conferred posthumously to LTC William Leon Russell, Sr. by UCA President Tom Courtway.
- Honorary Citations presented to local community members for their service.
- Veterans Information Fair : companies and organizations that support and provide services to veterans
- Free food served before and after the ceremony
- Door prizes and free T-shirts
UCA and the City of Conway are proud to present the 2013 Veterans Day Celebration. We welcome you to join us in celebrating our service men and women and honor their service. A special ceremony will take place to honor veterans. General Dwight Balch, Director of the Air National Guard, will be our guest speaker.
The celebration will include food and information vendors. Information vendors include companies and organizations that are committed to and provide services for Veterans.
We encourage community members wishing to participate in community service opportunities to honor our veterans to participate in the Red Cross blood drive and Be the Match National Marrow Donor Program on site at the celebration.
To show your support and reserve your blood donation, visit the American Red Cross website. Enter ‘UCA’ in the Sponsor code.
Interested in becoming a sponsor, food vendor or information fair vendor?
Download the 2013 Sponsorship Letter
Thank you to Our Sponsors
Thank you to everyone who has contributed to making this event a success.