We will begin accepting applications for fall 2016 on July 16, 2015.
Entry into the program is by application and competitive admission only. Applications are accepted from July thru January (with a January 15th deadline) for entry in the subsequent fall semester.
- Complete baccalaureate degree by May of the year applying
- Complete online application through The Centralized Application Service for Occupational Therapy (OTCAS). Application must be verified by February 19th
- Submit GRE revised General Test (August 2011) and GRE Analytical Writing (no minimum required). Note: GRE scores will be weighted in the admissions process; UCA institutional code 6012.
- Possess a cumulative GPA of 2.75 minimum based on 4.0 scale; possess at least a 3.0 GPA on last 60 hours of course work on a 4.0 scale.
- Complete online supplemental application for the Department of Occupational Therapy (link to form available on the Occupational Therapy Department website: www.uca.edu/ot).
- For students who have not attended UCA, submit a non-refundable application fee of $50 directly to the Department of Occupational Therapy.
- Complete a minimum of 20 volunteer/observation experience under the supervision of one occupational therapist and submit a performance rating from this experience (form and specific instructions are available on the Occupational Therapy Department website: www.uca.edu/ot).
- Complete the following prerequisite course work with a grade of C or better. Students who have not completed all prerequisite courses may begin the application process for admission; however, completion of all prerequisites is required prior to application deadline. Prerequisite coursework 10 years or older will not be accepted.
* ACTS is the Arkansas Course Transfer System. It applies to transfer of some lower-division undergraduate courses.
NOTE: All college work must be submitted regardless of when completed or the nature of the course work. Work experience is not calculated into the satisfaction of admission requirements.
Go to the Top
DEPARTMENTAL ADMISSION PROCEDURE AND SELECTION PROCESS
Admission criteria include GPA, GRE scores, rated volunteer/observation experience, and personal interview. All candidates who meet the qualifications are ranked within the applicant pool according to a formula based on overall GPA and GRE scores; top-ranked candidates are invited to a mandatory interview scheduled in March. The interview is used to assess such factors as the ability to present oneself professionally, ability to use verbal and nonverbal communication appropriately, and to express knowledge about the profession of occupational therapy. Final ranking of candidates is based on the interview, GRE scores, volunteer/observation experience, and GPA. The top 48 applicants invited to enter the program are notified in late April. In addition to the selected candidates, a ranked wait list is established. Individuals may be chosen from the wait list to replace applicants who decline their appointment at any time, up to the date of enrollment. Preference is given to Arkansas residents; admission of out-of-state residents is limited. All applicants are notified in writing as to acceptance status.
Applicants who believe that they have been treated differently from other candidates in admissions decisions are to contact the Occupational Therapy Chair for information about the appeals process. All appeals must begin at the department level.
All requirements for admission must be completed and submitted by the January 15th deadline with verification in OTCAS by February 19th.
- Complete online application through OTCAS
- Complete online supplemental application
- Submit scores from the GRE revised General Test (August 2011) and GRE Writing (no minimum required); UCA institutional code 6012.
- Non-UCA applicants:remit a $50 application fee directly to the Department of Occupational Therapy.
Department of Occupational Therapy
Doyne Health Science Center, Suite 100
201 Donaghey Avenue
Conway, AR 72035
- Complete 20 volunteer/observation hours under the supervision of one occupational therapist; additional instructions including form to be completed by the occupational therapist
- Complete the 25 hours of prerequisite course work prior to the January 15th application deadline.
Upon conditional acceptance into the program, instructions will be provided on how to apply to the Graduate School at the University of Central Arkansas.