The application deadline for fall 2015 was January 15, 2015. Candidates selected for interviews will be notified by mail. Interviews will be held at UCA on Monday, March 16, 2015.
We will begin accepting applications for fall 2016 on July 1, 2015.
Students are admitted into the program once a year in the fall semester. Applications are accepted from July thru January (with a January 15th deadline) for entry in the subsequent fall semester. All requirements including prerequisite course work must be completed and all material must be submitted before the January 15th deadline.
- Complete online application through OTCAS
- Complete online supplemental application for the Department of Occupational Therapy
- Complete a baccalaureate degree by May of the year applying
- Complete 20 observation/volunteer hours under the supervision of one occupational therapist
- Complete all prerequisite courses
- Possess a cumulative GPA of 2.75 minimum, based on 4.0 scale
- Possess at least a 3.0 GPA on last sixty hours of course work on a 4.0 scale.
- Take and receive a score on the GRE revised General Test (August 2011) and GRE Writing (no minimum required). Note: GRE scores will be weighted in the admissions process; UCA institutional code 6012.
- For students who have not attended UCA, submit a $50 non-refundable application fee
Work experience is not calculated into the satisfaction of admission requirements.
Go to the Top
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING THE FULFILLMENT OF REQUIREMENTS
Students may pursue the baccalaureate degree in any chosen field of study at UCA or at another accredited university or college, as long as the departmental prerequisite requirements are met. Prerequisite course work taken at another institution must be equivalent to, or exceed, the courses required at UCA. Courses taken outside of the University of Central Arkansas must be equivalent or evaluated and approved in advance. All college work must be submitted regardless of when completed or the nature of the course work.
Go to the Top
- The Occupational Therapy Admissions Committee reviews all complete application packets.
- All applicants who meet the qualifications are ranked within the applicant pool based on GPA and GRE Scores. The top applicants are invited to a mandatory interview scheduled in March. The interview is used to assess such factors as the ability to present oneself professionally, ability to use verbal and nonverbal communication appropriately, and to express knowledge about the profession of occupational therapy. The top 48 applicants invited to enter the program are notified in late April. A ranked alternate list is also prepared. Individuals may be chosen from this list to replace applicants who decline their appointment at any time.
- All applicants are notified in writing as to acceptance status.
IF ACCEPTED INTO THE MASTER OF SCIENCE IN OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY PROGRAM PROOF OF IMMUNIZATION RECORD, CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS, BACKGROUND CHECK REGARDING MALTREATMENT OF CHILDREN, AND CPR CERTIFICATION WILL BE REQUIRED. STUDENTS SHOULD BE AWARE THAT SOME FACILITIES MAY REQUIRE A REPEATED BACKGROUND CHECK PRIOR TO OFFICIAL FIELDWORK PLACEMENTS.
Go to the Top
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATION
- Complete online application through OTCAS (Occupational Therapist Centralized Application Service). Click on link below:
- Complete online supplemental application located on our website. Click on link below:
https://uca.edu/web/forms/manage_form.php?id=847 (Form disabled; please check back on July 1, 2015)
- Submit scores from the GRE revised General Test (August 2011) and GRE Writing (no minimum required); UCA institutional code 6012.
- Complete 20 volunteer/observation hours under the supervision of one occupational therapist. Click on link below for additional instructions and to download the Volunteer/Observation Hours Form, to be completed by the occupational therapist:
- Complete the 25 hours of prerequisite course work. Click on link for list:
- Non-UCA applicants: remit a $50 Occupational Therapy Department application fee directly to the Department of Occupational Therapy. Mail to:
Once invited to enter the program and upon conditional acceptance, instructions will be provided on how to apply to the Graduate School at the University of Central Arkansas.