Steps for Applying to the RN to BSN Program
The UCA Department of Nursing receives applications for admission and most applicant credentials exclusively through the Nursing Central Application Service (NursingCAS), provided by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). Applicants must submit a separate supplemental application and fee directly to the UCA Office of Admissions.
The application steps are as follows:
- Select the “Apply” link at www.nursingcas.org.
- Create an account and login to your secure NursingCAS online application. When creating your account, be sure to click “Yes” to the question, “Are you applying to a graduate level program in nursing?”
- When logged in, complete all “Required” items on the Application Checklist as directed by NursingCAS. This includes entering coursework information and arranging for all official transcripts to be sent to NursingCAS. High School transcripts are not required to be submitted.
- In addition, the UCA Department of Nursing requires the following items also be submitted through NursingCAS (these items are indicated as “Optional” in NursingCAS):
- In the Professional Experience Section, submit information regarding your work experience, professional activities, certifications, Honors/Awards, etc.
- In the References Section, submit two (2) references. You will submit your references' contact information in the NursingCAS "Reference Section" and your references will receive an email from NursingCAS which contains directions on how to complete the online reference.
- One letter of recommendation should be from your immediate supervisor
- The second letter of recommendation should be from a professional colleague
- New RN graduates may submit references from two clinical course faculty members but additional work references will be required prior to enrolling in clinical courses.
- In the Personal Statement Section, type a one page description addressing your future professional goals and indicate how you see your studies in the UCA articulation program for RNs will help you fulfill your goals.
- You will need to upload verification of your RN license as found on the State Board of Nursing website.
- Be sure to designate the University of Central Arkansas in the Designations Section of the application and to link your essay. NursingCAS charges $65 for your application to be sent to the first program designation and $35 for each additional designation.
- In addition to the NursingCAS application, UCA requires an online supplemental application and fee ($25). http://uca.edu/admissions/
- Be sure to add NursingCas.org to your safe email sender because we will communicate with you via email through NursingCAS.
- Check your NursingCAS account to ensure all the submitted documents have been received by NursingCAS.
Enrollment Requirements: Once accepted, candidates must complete the following before enrolling:
- A background check, as directed by the Department of Nursing, with favorable results.
- Required immunizations *
- Physical Exam *
- Health insurance coverage
- CPR certification
- Program orientation on UCA campus (see On-Campus Dates tab)
* forms will be provided
If any of these requirements are not satisfied, admission to the program may be rescinded.
Questions about your application and/or requirements should be directed to:
Rose Schlosser, Department of Nursing, University of Central Arkansas
201 Donaghey Avenue, Conway, AR 72035