Article I - The Name
This organization shall be known as the Nursing Alumni Chapter of the University of Central Arkansas (UCA) Alumni Association.
Article II - The Purpose
The purpose of this chapter shall be to promote the welfare of alumni and friends of UCA's Department of Nursing and to perpetuate and broaden ties between the university and its members by:
- Attracting and retaining an informed membership.
- Stimulating and encouraging an active interest in the university's programs that promote nursing and well being.
- Perpetuating the contacts of present students, former students and graduates and faculty with each other and with other close friends of the university.
- Encouraging active participation in projects, programs and events designed to enhance university and alumni relationships and provide mutual benefits for both the university and its constituents.
- Providing a network of information between the university and the department of nursing alumni.
Article III - Membership
Eligibility - Valid memberhsip is maintained through the UCA Alumni Association. Recgonized members of the chapter must be current, dues-paying members of the UCA Alumni Association.
Dues - Any current dues-paying eligible member in the UCA Alumni Association may elect to be recognized as a College of Education Alumni Chapter member without any additional fee.
Article IV - Meetings
This chapter will have a minimum of two meetings per year with one being a bussiness/social event. The dates and locations shall be determined by the chapter. The Office of Alumni Services shall be notified of all chapter meetings and social events.
Article V - Officers and Elections
Thie officers of this chapter shall be the President, President-Elect, Vice President and the Secretary/Treasures. The duties of these officers shall be as defiend in the UCA Alumni Association Chapter Handbook. Executive officers shall serve for a term of one (1) year. These officers shall be elected at the annual meeting of the chapter.
Article VI - Amendments
Amendments to these by-laws may be made at any time, provided that shuch amendments have been read and voted upon by a majority of the members of the chapter present for the meeting, and accepted by the Exectuive Council of the UCA Alumni Association.
Article VII - Committees
All standing and special committees will be appointed by the president of the chapter, or determined by a majority vote of members in attendance at a chapter meeting.
Approved by the Nursing Alumni Chapter this 14th day of October, 2011.
Approved by the University of Central Arkansas Alumni Association this _____________ of _____________, 2011
President, UCA Alumni Association