UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL ARKANSAS
COLLEGE OF FINE ARTS AND COMMUNICATION
May 8, 2012
CONTACT: Joe Dull, (501) 852-2377; email@example.com
RISI NAMED OUTSTANDING DIGITAL FILMMAKING STUDENT
CONWAY — Kim Risi, a senior from Jonesboro, was recently named the Outstanding Digital Filmmaking Student by the University of Central Arkansas digital filmmaking faculty.
Risi’s film, The Man in the Moon, also earned the “Faculty Choice” Award at the UCA Film Festival along with five other awards in the contest, which was judged by local professional filmmakers.
“We’re tremendously proud of Kim and her filmmaking team,” said Joe Dull, assistant professor of digital filmmaking. “They made an exceptional film.”
Other winners recognized at the festival were:
• Brandon Bogard of Beebe, “M.V.P.” Award;
• Codi Bogard of Beebe, Leadership Award;
• Lyle Arnett of Texarkana, Texas, for The Register and Jenn Hynum of North Little Rock for Underdog, Above the Law, Best Producer(s);
• Death of a Superhero by Brandon Bristol of Greenbrier, Best VFX;
• Man in the Moon, Best Set Design;
• Who Will Help the Widow’s Son, directed by Karmichael Jones of Russellville, Best Music Video;
• Greed by Arnett, Best Cinematography;
• Man in the Moon, Best Screenplay;
• Ed Lowry of Little Rock for Death of a Superhero, Best Actor;
• Geneva Galloway of Little Rock for Dinner and The Register, Best Actress;
• Sky Begins to Storm by Ron Walter of Mountain Home, Best Documentary;
• Greed by Jason Miller of Hope, Best Sound Design;
• Man in the Moon, Best Editing;
• Man in the Moon, Best Directing;
• Man in the Moon, Best Narrative.
For more information about UCA’s Digital Filmmaking Program, contact Dull at (501) 852-2377; firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://ucafilm.org/.