CONWAY—Twelve students have been accepted to the University of Central Arkansas’ inaugural class for the Doctor of Nursing Practice.
The twelve students will meet for a one-day orientation on the UCA campus on Monday, June 2 starting at 9 a.m. in the Doyne Health Science Center.
The university was approved for the 36-hour practice-focused program in 2013. The program is offered as a post-master’s degree. All coursework will be offered online, and students will engage in advanced clinical training and capstone scholarly projects at practice sites.
The following students make up the first cohort class of students:
• Callie Fletcher of Sherwood
• Patricia Griffith of Sherwood
• Laura Hall of Maumelle
• Stacy Harris of Conway
• Leah Martin of Russellville
• Rachel Myers of Lafayette, Louisiana
• Lacie Pettito of Little Rock
• Erma Storay of Sherwood
• Amy Ramick of Lonoke
• Frances Stueben of Lafayette, Louisiana
• Lucy Wisemon of Little Rock
• Shannon Woods of Tallahassee, Florida
The first DNP classes start June 2.