The Woodwind Division of the UCA Music Department is proud to have four full-time faculty members, who hold degrees from the most prestigious music institutions in the U.S. Students who take lessons receive weekly instruction on their instruments to improve their playing skills and musicianship. In addition to lessons, students are provided with ample opportunities in solo, chamber ensemble, and large ensemble settings.
Undergraduate students may apply for scholarships at their auditions. Graduate Assistantships are also available in all woodwind areas.
UCA Chamber Orchestra
Conway Symphony Orchestra
Bear Marching Band
Basketball Pep Band (Purple Rage)
Mixed Instrumental Ensembles
JURY REQUIREMENTS FOR CURRENT STUDENTS
Students who meet any of the following criteria are required to perform a jury at the end of each semester:
– Music majors and minors*
– Scholarship students**
– Students in a major performing ensemble**
* The requirement is waived if a student has performed a major recital during the term.
** The requirement may be waived at the teacher’s discretion.
BM PERFORMANCE TRACK AUDITION
Before being officially admitted to Bachelor of Music in Performance program, students are required to perform a twenty-minute jury at the end of their first term (usually the first semester of freshman year). Contact area instructor for specific information.
AUDITION REQUIREMENTS FOR PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS
– Three scales: to be selected from all major and minor scales.
– Two contrasting movements from any solo work (concerto, sonata, etc.) or standard studies for the particular instrument (no piano accompaniment)
– Three standard orchestral/band excerpts
– A twenty-minute program that includes at least three works from various musical periods or demonstrates different musical styles