Please follow this link to learn more about the UCA Digital Filmmaking program: ucafilm.org
Our Mission Statement
The Digital Filmmaking program of the Department of Mass Communication and Theatre will be preeminent nationally in digital filmmaking education. As a leader, the Digital Filmmaking program will be recognized for its excellence by:
- Developing a high-quality comprehensive educational and artistic experience through narrative film production, screenwriting, and critical studies;
- Drawing positive attention, in the region and nation-wide, to the program, faculty, and students;
- Teaching students the business of filmmaking and marketing of films;
- Recognizing trends that will create opportunities for filmmakers in the future;
- Maintaining a student to equipment ratio that keeps new and cutting edge equipment in the student’s hands, both in the classroom and outside of class on their own projects;
- Initiating and pursuing projects at a professional level;
- Fostering the community-wide appreciation of the art and production of films;
- Recruiting, enhancing, and retaining an internationally recognized faculty and staff.
Our Core Values
The following are core values held by the faculty and staff of the Digital Filmmaking program of the Department of Mass Communication and Theatre:
- Providing an exceptional quality education that meets the high standards of the University of Central Arkansas as well as the specific needs of the emerging digital filmmaker.
- Focusing on fundamental storytelling techniques
- Encouraging students to craft stories that are unique and individual.
- Student group productions that allow for the development of collaboration and teamwork.
- Taking existing and cutting edge technologies and applying them to the solution of creative challenges.
- Providing up-to-date equipment and facilities that serve as a working model of current digital filmmaking production
- Encouraging the culture and business of filmmaking in Arkansas by supporting state film festivals, the film commission, legislation regarding filmmaking, and academic and professional outreach.
- Working with local industry to provide examples of professional standards.
- Commitment to scholarly and creative activities.
- Collaborating with colleagues at UCA and off-campus as equal partners in ways that capitalize on each other’s unique strengths in research and creative activities.
- Integrating graduate and undergraduate students within faculty-lead film productions and externally funded productions to provide examples of professional-level filmmaking.
- Providing an educational environment that values equal opportunities, inclusiveness, and cultural diversity.
- Proactively updating and developing the Digital Filmmaking program’s curriculum.