Provisional License

Provisional license may be available to MAT program candidates who complete a few additional criteria and secure a teaching position in an accredited public, private, or charter school.

MAT candidates teaching under a provisional license MUST maintain enrollment in the MAT program.

MAT candidates who move schools from year 1 to year 2 of their provisional license must notify the MAT program office by having their new district complete the Provisional License Recommendation letter.

Steps to Securing a Teaching Position through the MAT Program

MAT Field Handbook

Provisional Licensure Forms

Before speaking with a school district about employment under a provisional license, you do want to obtain a personalized license letter from the MAT office to verify your eligibility as well as a signed provisional license letter to present to the superintendent or principal.

Additional Requirements

Arkansas IDEAS Professional Development

Additional Resources

Career Services

UCA’s Office of Career Services can provide support for resume writing, drafting cover letters, and interview tips.

Interview Tips

To help prepare for that first teaching job, you can get sample interview questions for teachers compiled by Virginia Tech. Click here.

Searching for a Job?

Search the Arkansas Association of Educational Administrators database of job openings.  Click here.