Torreyson Library is a great place to prepare for upcoming class projects. We have 23 rooms on the first floor and 25 rooms on the second floor available for use by UCA students, faculty or staff. Most rooms have dry erase walls for brainstorming or just creating your own artwork, and we even provide the markers for you. The rooms vary from single user to groups of 8-10 people. Here are a few guidelines to help you use our Study Rooms.
- All study rooms are first come, first served. No reservations may be made.
- An individual cannot hold a group student room while waiting for the arrival of others in the group. If a larger group needs the space, you may be asked to vacate.
- Rooms must remain unlocked at all times.
- Windows in rooms must remain uncovered at all times.
- The rooms are not soundproof, please keep the noise level down as not to disturb others.
- Personal items should never be left unattended, UCAPD or library staff may remove them at their discretion.
- Neither the Library nor the University is responsible for unattended, lost, stolen, or damaged personal items.
- Unattended personal property may not be used to “hold” a room by any individual or group.
- Whiteboard painted walls are in nearly all study rooms. Please use the dry erase markers and erasers provided. These can be requested at the Circulation Desk.
- Occupants are prohibited from using any equipment that may cause a safety hazard (e.g. space heaters, cooking appliances, etc.)
- Furniture cannot be moved into or out of a study room.
- Please clean up the room before you leave and throw all trash away.
- If you notice any problems please notify the Circulation or Reference Desk.
We strongly prefer that our users police themselves and abide by this policy which has been designed to balance the needs of the Library with the convenience of our patrons. However, if a Library staff members does observe an infraction, that staff member will inform the offending party of this policy and ask that they desist, relocate or leave the building. Users who fail to adhere to this policy after being notified by a Library staff member will be reported to UCA Police Department.