Starting Your Research
Not sure how to even start on your paper? Use these quick tips to get going:
- Try entering your topic in OneSearch and see what you get
- Use short words or phrases rather than entire questions
- Ex: medieval medicine and Europe is better than “What techniques did doctors use in medieval Europe?”
- Figure out what resources you need: books or articles, newspaper articles
- Ask for help at the Reference Desk
Torreyson Library has:
- 29 individual study rooms
- 24 group study rooms
- 2 group study rooms with overhead projector
- Projector equipment can be checked out at the circulation desk.
Wondering where to get markers for the dry-erase walls? Look at the columns outside of the rooms for baskets containing supplies or ask at the Circulation Desk.
What can you check out?
All of the items listed below can be checked out at the Circulation Desk:
- Selected textbooks
Still feeling overwhelmed? Need more information? Click here to check out our Survival Guide.