Library Instruction Services
- Library orientations and tours for students and faculty:
- Brief explanation of library facilities and services
- Can be a walk-through tour or a quick overview
- Average duration 15-30 minutes
- Introductory information retrieval and research skills:
- Lecture and demonstration of library resources
- Can be tailored to a specific assignment
- Average duration 40-50 minutes
- Specialized research instruction for courses in the majors and graduate programs:
- In-depth exploration of subject specific research skills
- Can include second day of hands-on, librarian-lead guided search
- Average duration 45 minutes or more
Requesting Library Resources for Purchase
- To request a library subscription to a journal, please contact Serials Librarian Chrissy Karafit at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To make a book or DVD purchase request please contact the Collection Development Librarian, Renee LeBeau-Ford, at reneeL@uca.edu. With your request, please include the following information:
- the item’s title and if available, author and edition
- format prefered, such as print or eBook
- item’s use, ie. textbook, supplemental reading, personal research, etc.
- date the item is needed by
- Hard-copies can be placed on reserve for your class and are held at the Circulation Desk or Music Library. The generally have a checkout period of 2 hours.
- Digital items can also be placed on reserve for your class and can be access by students through the online Library catalog.
- Please see our Course Reserve Guidelines for more information about what items can be placed on reserve.
- If you would like to place materials on reserve, please fill out the Course Reserve Form or visit us at the Circulation Desk.
- Journal Citation Reports (JCR) provides analysis of journal’s standing in scholarly literature including citation data, impact factors and influence metrics, and millions of journal citation data points from the Web of Science.
- Cabell’s Directories of Publishing Opportunities includes information on journal style and format to assist with appropriate manuscript preparation including type of review process used, number of reviewers, acceptance rate, time required for review, availability of reviewers’ comments, number of copies required and manuscript topics.
- MLA Directory of Periodicals provides detailed information including editorial contact information, publication frequency, submission guidelines, submission copyright disposition, and acceptance rate for journals within the fields of language, arts and humanities.