JUDGE WOODY MURRAY PRE-LAW SCHOLARSHIP
This scholarship will be awarded for the 2015-2016 academic year for each semester. The following criteria are to be used in selecting a recipient:
1. Applicant must be planning on going to law school one year from the fall 2015 semester.
2. Applicant must be a graduating senior during the upcoming academic year.
3. Applicant must possess at least a 3.0 overall grade point average.
Applicant must request that three (3) letters of recommendation be sent directly to the Dean of the College of Liberal Arts. Two of these letters must be from UCA professors NOT represented on the scholarship selection board. (Drs. Clay Arnold, Kim Hoffman and Taine Duncan)
4. If applicant has taken the Law School Admissions Test, the score must be furnished. If not, applicant should indicate when he/she plans to take the test.
5. Applicant must submit on a separate sheet a two-or-three page written statement on career plans as an attorney.
6. Applicant must grant permission for the members of the selection board to obtain and review the applicant’s transcript.
Please complete the application below and submit it and the required attachments to the office of the Dean of the College of Liberal Arts, Irby Hall, room 120, by March 6, 2015. Call 450-5137 for additional information.