Accessing the GroupWise System
You can only access the new system through a WebAccess portal specially designed for GroupWise. You start GroupWise WebAccess as you would any other home page on the Internet. To access your GroupWise account
- Use your Web browser and go to URL http://bearmail.uca.edu (this no longer takes you to the old email system)
- On the GroupWise WebAccess login page, enter your username and password.
- Select you connection speed:
- High (Broadband), which has all the features that are available in GroupWise WebAccess. Use this default setting if you have a high-speed Internet connection.
- Low (Dial-up), which looks the same as the default high-speed interface but does not autoupdate your message list and calendar.
- If using a mobile phone to connect to the system, you may wish to select “Use the basic interface”. The basic interface has limited functionality and graphics. It is designed to perform the most basic tasks in GroupWise WebAccess.
- (Optional) If you use the same browser to log in to GroupWise WebAccess every time, select Remember My Settings to save your preferences.
- Click Login.
Understanding the GroupWise Web Access Timeout
Specific actions, such as opening or sending an item, generate a call to the Web server. Other actions, such as scrolling through items in the Item List, composing a message without sending it, or reading Help topics, do not generate a call to the Web server. If, for a period of time, you leave GroupWise WebAccess alone or perform actions that do not generate a call, WebAccess logs you out. Doing so provides security for your e-mail and ensures that the Web server and GroupWise WebAccess run efficiently.
The timeout period is 20 minutes. If you try to perform an action after you have been logged out, you are prompted to log in again.
To ensure that you have the latest information in your Mailbox and to prevent frequent timeouts, click Update.
Setup Instructions to POP GroupWise Account to a Mobile Device