UCA Information Technology Standards
SUBJECT: Data Fiber Infrastructure
INITIAL DATE: 01 November 2006
REVISION DATE: N/A
- New installations of data fiber between buildings will be of the following type: 9/125 singlemode fiber cable designed for outdoor use.
- No installation of data fiber shall be direct buried, all will be installed in appropriate industry standard conduit. It is preferable that the conduit use interducts.
- New installations of fiber between major buildings shall consist of no less than 48 strands.
- Fiber installations on the interior of buildings will be of the following type: 62.5/125 multimode duplex fiber cable with plenum rating.
- New installations of interior fiber will consist of no less than 6 strands
- Fiber installations will be terminated with SC type connectors.