Registering a wireless device with IST
Some wireless devices such as gaming consoles, wireless printers, Smart TVs, and streaming devices (Apple TV, etc.), cannot authenticate with UCA’s wireless network using a username and password. For these devices, you will need to complete the Wireless Device Registration form to register the device with the wireless network.
This form is not for standard wireless devices like mobile phones, tablets, or laptops. To connect these devices to the wireless network manually, follow the steps in the article Connecting to UCA’s wireless network
- Access the Wireless Device Registration form.
- Complete each field in the form:
Click Submit Request.
It may take up to two or three days to process the information and register your device. IST will notify you by email when your device is registered.
- Location – Choose your campus building location from the drop-down list.
- Room Number
- Student ID – This nine-digit number is listed on your BearCard.
- Email Address – Enter your UCA email (ending with @cub.uca.edu for students, or @uca.edu for faculty/staff)
- Telephone Number
- Brand/Manufacturer of the Device
- Wireless MAC Address of Device – The MAC address (also called the “wireless address” or the “WiFi address”) is often listed in your device’s settings menu. For help in finding your device’s MAC address, call the IST Help Desk, or refer to your device manufacturer’s support website.
- Description of Device
- Was this article helpful?
- Yes No