1. Application for International Admission. Submit online application.
- If you are unable to fill out the online application, download a hard copy of the application (pdf) and mail, fax or scan it to the International Admissions Office.
- If you would like to have a friend or family member submit or have information about your application, you must provide written permission on the application.
2. Non-Refundable $50.00 Application Fee.
- Application Fee will be paid upon arrival to UCA. Further instructions will be given on a later date.
Courier Fee: If you would like to have your admission documents sent to you by DHL, you must pay the $100 DHL fee. Documents will not be sent by DHL unless this fee is paid in advance.
3. Copy of the biographical page of your passport.
To ensure accuracy of your immigration documentation, a copy of the biographical page of your passport is required for admission. You may scan and email a copy of your passport to email@example.com.
4. Proof of Financial Support
U.S. Immigration Law requires that all F-1 and J-1 students demonstrate sufficient funds available for their educational expenses prior to immigration document issuance (Forms I-20 or DS-2019). International students who reside on campus are eligible for the out-of-state tuition waiver.Find the 2014-2015 Estimated Cost of Attendance for Intensive English Program Students.
- Intensive English students, who wish to live On Campus, must submit all of the following:
- Documentation of Financial Resources. Bank statement from within last six months with ending balance of $18,300.00 USD for an academic year (2 semesters) of study.
- Sponsorship Letter (formerly “Confirmation of Financial Resources Form”). Students sponsored by SACM may submit the financial guarantee instead of this form.
- Declaration of Intent to Live On Campus
- Intensive English students, who wish to live Off Campus, must submit all of the following:
- Documentation of Financial Resources. Bank statement from within last six months that shows ending balance of $27,700.00 USD for an academic year (2 semesters) of study
- Confirmation of Financial Resources. Students sponsored by Saudi Arabia Culture Mission (SACM) may submit the financial guarantee instead of this form.
5. Academic Records
- Intensive English Program (IEP) with Conditional Admission to Undergraduate Study are applicants who plan to enroll as a degree-seeking student at UCA after completing the IEP, are required to submit all academic records as required below for freshman, transfer or post-baccalaureate applicants.
- Freshman Applicants, who have not attended a college or university, must submit transcripts/mark sheets from secondary school, along with a copy of the diploma or leaving certificate translated into English. Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.25 on a 4.0 scale for conditional admission to UCA, and 2.50 for unconditional admission.
- Students from Nigeria and Ghana must have their West African Examinations Council (WAEC) results sent directly from WAEC. Student submitted results will NOT be accepted.
- If you have received a GED (General Education Diploma), submit a copy of your diploma.
- If you have not yet graduated, you may be offered conditional admission if you have an overall GPA of 2.50 on a 4.0 scale AND if you will graduate before your first semester of attendance at UCA. You will be required to submit a copy of your diploma and final transcript prior to enrollment in any undergraduate courses.
- Transfer/Post-Baccalaureate Applicants must submit official transcripts/mark sheets from each college or university attended (translated into English). All non-U.S. transcripts must be accompanied by a course-match credential evaluation from International Education Evaluations, Inc.
Note to Intensive English Program (IEP) Applicants
Students who intend to enroll in the Intensive English Program (IEP) are not required to submit evidence of English Language Proficiency.
Note to All Applicants
If you are transferring your SEVIS record to UCA from a different institution, or if you are currently in the United States, you must submit a copy of your current visa, I-94 card and entry document (I-20 or DS-2019).
UCA does not tolerate forged documentation; applications submitted with such documentation will be denied.
Incomplete applications and supporting documents are not retained past the semester of application. If you wish to continue your application to a later semester, you must notify International Admissions prior to the start of that semester. If you do not inform us of your intent to continue your application to a later semester, you must to reapply and resubmit your application documents.
All documents, other than official university transcripts, may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard-copy documents, checks, money orders and transcripts should be mailed to: University of Central Arkansas, Attn: International Admissions, 201 Donaghey Avenue, Bernard Hall Room 103H, Conway, AR 72035.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact InternationalAdmission@uca.edu.