Frequently Asked Questions

What is the name of the insurance company for international students at UCA?

The default health insurance policy for international UCA students is Trawick International. Visit their website at

How can I pay for this insurance policy?

All international students (F-1, J-1 and H-1B) are automatically enrolled in UCA’s policy with Trawick International. The premium for your insurance policy is added to your student account as a charge for International Health Insurance.

If you already have health insurance that meets our minimum requirements, submit your policy to the Office of International Engagement before the second week of class. If your policy meets the requirements, you will be notified and the charge will be removed from you account. No charges will be removed after the second week of class. Students at UCA through SACM need to submit their current Financial Guarantee to Student Accounts or the Office of International Engagement before the second week of class each semester to have your insurance charges removed.

How can I find my Trawick International insurance card?

New insurance cards are mailed each September to your mailing address on file in myUCA. Students who begin their studies at UCA in the Spring semester will receive their cards in February. If you lost your card or are still waiting for your card, you can download a temporary card online following these instructions: How to Print Your Insurance Card

What is included in the health insurance policy?

The policy is primarily for sickness and accidents. Review the full policy for coverage and exclusions. We encourage you to attend an insurance workshop to learn more about your policy.

What is the deductible?

Our policy has a $100 deductible. This means that the first $100 of health care costs is the responsibility of the student. After the deductible is met, the insurance company will pay for all claims covered in the policy. The deductible does not apply to the MMR and T-Spot claims. This means you can get a full reimbursement for your MMR and T-Spot claims, even if you have not met your deductible. Learn more about filing your MMR and T-Spot claims.

How do I file an insurance claim?

You have 90 days to file your insurance claim. If the services you received were at a doctor’s office or hospital and you gave them your insurance card, generally the provider will file the claim for you. Still it is a good idea to follow up with the clinic to make sure payment was received from the insurance company.

If you paid for your service up front (common for prescriptions and MMR/T-Spot), then you will  need to file a claim for reimbursement.

How do I update my address with Trawick International?

The mailing address you have in myUCA at the beginning of the semester is the address Trawick International will have for you. If you move throughout the semester, update your address by following these instructions: How to Update your Address with your Insurance Company