This three week Culture and Language Immersion Conference is developed for professionals of any industry who want to master the English Language in an environment in which they will practice English on a daily basis and participate in cultural activities in the State of Arkansas.
Number of students: 15 minimum – 30 maximum
Registration for this program is currently full. Please check back for information concerning future programing.
Dates: January 12 – 30, 2015
Program Benefits for Professionals:
Classroom sessions will take place Monday through Friday throughout the 3 week period with cultural activities taking place during the weekends. The Culture and Language Immersion Conference for Professionals (CLIC – PRO) will benefit participants by:
- Providing specific language skills including active, meaningful communication practice in order to speak more fluently and confidently
- Developing English language foundation and oral fluency for professional and social interaction
- Expanding vocabulary and sentence structure
- Promoting confidence in intercultural communication
- Developing awareness for cultural contexts to understand and apply the English language
Enhancing verbal and written communication skills
Participants will spend three hours in this scenic mountain setting. Tours of the waterfalls, mountain lodge, and river overlook will allow participants to admire the natural beauty of Arkansas, while learning about the history and culture of previous centuries. Conversation will be initiated and monitored by the instructor to help participants discover, learn, and use new and previously learned vocabulary. The excursion is accessible to the handicapped.
Participants will spend two hours at the Library experiencing the history associated with the Presidency. Next students will tour the city by trolley with a guide who narrates different historical and cultural accounts of the city and its role within the state and the nation. Finally, students will tour the River Market observing local crafts and goods. Conversation will be initiated and monitored by the instructor to help participants discover, learn and use new and previously learned vocabulary. The excursion is accessible to the handicapped.
Course cost includes:
- Assessment and testing
- Instructional cost for a 3-week program
- Airport transfer to Conway and Commute to Campus
- Room/Accommodation choices
- Daily Breakfast
- Lunch Monday – Friday.
- Text and class material
- Two Saturday excursions: Petit State Park, Clinton Presidential Library in Little Rock
- Field visits to local cultural sites for discussion
- Course Administrative Costs
- Internet connection in campus.
Airfare is not included in cost of program
Total Cost of Program Including Choice of Accommodation per Participant:
Economy Single $1,735.00 Premium Single $2,435.00
Economy Double* $1,135.00 Premium Double* $1,451.00
*(Max 2 people per room. Partners must be decided among participants.)
UCA will Issue a Certificate of Attendance to all the students who finish the program.
First payment of $250 is due by August 31st 2014 and payment in full is due by October 1st 2014.
Registration for this program is currently full. To be placed on the waiting list, please contact Lara Bersano at g-LBersano@uca.edu