Information for Exchange Students from Partner Schools

Application Deadlines can be found here.

1. Application for International Admission.

If you would like to have a friend or family member submit or have information about your application, you must provide written permission on the application.

2. Copy of the biographical page of your passport.

As you will be required to have a passport to travel to the United States, and in order to ensure accuracy in issuance of your immigration documentation, a copy of this document is required.

3. Proof of Financial Support

U.S. Immigration Law requires that all J-1 students demonstrate sufficient funds available for their educational expenses prior to immigration document issuance (Form DS-2019). International students who reside on campus are eligible for the out-of-state tuition waiver. Find the 2015-2016 Estimated Cost of Attendance for Exchange Students.

  • Exchange students must provide:
    1. Documentation of Financial Resources. Bank statement from within last six months that shows ending balance of $4200 for one semester of study.
    2. Sponsorship Letter

4. Letter of Reference

This letter must be issued from your current university’s International Office recommending you for an exchange semester at UCA. The letter must include the number of semesters you will study at UCA and a statement that you are proficient in academic English.

5. Letter of Course Approval

This letter must be issued from your current Academic Adviser.  We want you to take classes that ensure your academic progress towards a degree or program completion.

6. Academic Records

UCA requires copies of all transcripts from previous colleges and universities. You can submit a copy of your transcript via fax: 1 (501) 852- 2439 or email:

Note to All Applicants

Incomplete applications and supporting documents are not retained past the semester of application. If you wish to continue your application to a later semester, you must notify International Admissions prior to the start of that semester. If you do not inform us of your intent to continue your application to a later semester, you must to reapply and resubmit your application documents.

UCA does not tolerate forged documentation; applications submitted with such documentation will be denied.

All documents, other than official university transcripts, may be submitted via email to Hard-copy documents, checks, money orders and transcripts should be mailed to: University of Central Arkansas, International Admissions, McCastlain Hall, Suite 109, 201 S. Donaghey Dr., Conway, AR  72035..

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact