If you are unable to attend the semester that you have been admitted for, please submit the Admission Deferral Request. By submitting this request, you are asking International Engagement to save your admission documents for a later semester. The first deferral is free. After the first deferral, you will need to pay an additional $50 fee upon arrival to UCA.
If you defer to another semester, you will receive a new I-20. To receive your new I-20 sent by DHL, you must pay an additional $100 DHL fee online.
- You must complete a Deferral Request Form online: Admission Deferral Request.
- Pay the $50.00 Deferral Fee if you have deferred in the past.
- If your financial statement is more than six (6) months old, you will be required to submit an updated statement. Your bank statement must reflect sufficient funds for a year of academic study. Please see here for the Estimated Cost of Attendance Per Student Type. In addition to your bank statement, you will need to submit a sponsorship letter. If you intend to live on campus, and have the Out-of-State tuition waiver reflected on your I-20, you must also submit the Declaration of Intent to Live On Campus Form.
- If you are a transfer student and were previously admitted without a course-by-course credential evaluation, you must submit a credential evaluation from IEE, Inc.
- If you have already attended UCA, and are returning as an undergraduate student, you must submit an Application for Undergraduate Re-Admission for the semester in which you wish to attend.
- Your deferral request must be received no later than the application deadlines for admission. July 15 for Fall; November 15 for Spring; May 1 for Summer.