General IGC Recruitment Information
IGC currently houses one fraternity, Beta Upsilon Chi. Their organization follows all UCA policies for fraternity recruitment. In addition, Beta Upsilon Chi recruitment closely resembles the Interfraternity Council (IFC) system, so many events involve organizations from both councils. Presently, IGC encourages year-round recruitment with an additional structured "recruitment week" each fall and spring semester. Bids may be issued and accepted by registered, eligible individuals in accordance with University and IGC policies during fall and spring semesters.
Fall 2014 IFC/IGC Fraternity Recruitment Schedule
IFC/IGC Fraternity Recruitment Week - September 15-19, 2014
IFC/IGC Fraternity Bid Acceptance - Friday, September 19, 2014
3:00 PM: Individuals interested in picking up a bid must report to 205A Student Center.
4:00 PM: Bid Acceptance Ceremony on the Old Main front steps.
Please direct questions about IFC recruitment to Scott Jackson, IFC VP of Recruitment, at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please direct questions about IGC fraternity recruitment to Spencer Hulse, BYX Recruitment Director, at email@example.com.
IFC Fraternity Recruitment Rules
General Rules for IFC Recruitment
1. To participate in recruitment, recruits must be enrolled in the University of Central Arkansas enrolled as a full-time student (12 hours).
2. Entering freshmen must have at least a 2.5 high school GPA; current/transfer students must have at least a 2.5 college GPA.
3. Must complete a Greek Life Orientation Session (see below) hosted by the Office of Student Life BEFORE participating in the recruitment process or being extended an invitation to membership.
4. All recruitment events must end by 12:00 A.M. (midnight).
5. All recruitment events and activities must be free of alcohol.
6. All recruitment events are to be free of participation by women.
7. Recruits must not currently be or ever have been an initiated member of any National International Conference (NIC) fraternity.
8. Fraternities may not promise a bid to a recruit at any time.
9. Recruitment events are subject to the same approval process through the Dean of Students office as all other registered events.
10. In order to receive a bid on Bid Day a recruit must have turned in the proper paperwork (recruitment registration form)
into Office of Student Life at least 24 hours before the start of Bid Day activities. Organizations cannot vote on recruits unless they are listed on the Final Eligible List, which will be available by 10 A.M. on the final day of the informal/formal recruitment period.
11. Open Bids – any recruits signed up after 12 A.M. (midnight) on the final night of the informal/formal recruitment period will be eligible to receive bids on or after Wednesday the following week. Time will be set aside on Wednesday from 2:00 – 4:00 P.M. to pick up bids in the Office of Student Life. After that it will be the recruit’s responsibility to schedule an appointment to pick up an open bid.
Bid Extension Guidelines
During the fall semesters, bids can be extended and accepted by registered, eligible individuals starting on the predetermined bid acceptance date through the day before Dead Day. During the spring semesters, bids may be extended to and accepted registered, eligible individuals on the first day of classes through the day before Dead Day. Bids may not be extended and/or accepted during University break periods (summer, fall, winter, and spring). All bids extended and/or accepted must be first cleared through the Office of Student Life with the completion of proper registration.
Greek Life Orientation Session Guidelines
Only registered, eligible students that have completed a Greek Life Orientation session we be allowed to accept bids to join a fraternity at any time of the year. Greek Life Orientation sessions must be completed prior to accepting a bid and students will not be allowed to accept a bid and complete a session at a later date. Additionally, Greek Life Orientation sessions must be completed in the same academic year as a bid is accepted. Attendance at a Greek Life Session during a previous academic year does not waive the need for attendance during a later academic year's session. No exceptions will be granted with these guidelines.
Fall 2014 Greek Life Orientation Dates, Times, and Locations
- August 19, 10:00 AM, Ida Waldran Auditorium
- August 21, X-Period, College of Business (COB) Auditorium
- August 24, 8:00 PM, 205A Student Center
- August 26, 4:00 PM, 205A Student Center
- September 4, X-Period, College of Business (COB) Auditorium
- September 10, 7:00 PM, 205A Student Center
- September 18, X-Period, 214 Student Center
(X-Period is from 1:40-2:30pm)