STUDY ABROAD MANAGER-DIVISION OF INTERNATIONAL ENGAGEMENT
Position: Study Abroad Manager, International Engagement Division
Salary: $34,000 - $37,000 depending on qualifications
Position Summary: Reporting to the Associate Director of International Engagement (IE), the manager of the Office of Study Abroad (OSA) is responsible for the management of credit-bearing academic programs abroad for University of Central Arkansas (UCA) students.
The manager directs the application process for study abroad during the academic year; works with other OSA staff members to advise students about appropriate options and supports them before, during, and after their time abroad; organizes and provides information about overseas study opportunities to the campus community. The manager helps to shape and communicate policies to students as well as to the entire campus community regarding such matters as credit transfer, financial aid and scholarships, and travel. The manager plans and conducts informational meetings and works with UCA's Outreach & Community Engagement division on strategies for making effective use of technology in all aspects of study abroad promotion and advising.
The manager prepares reports on the study abroad program, maintains statistics on trends in study abroad, monitors program evaluations and develops strategies with the Associate Director of IE to increase student participation in study abroad during the academic year and the summer. The manager also works with the Associate Director to oversee undergraduate reciprocal exchanges.
The manager must work effectively and collaboratively with a number of offices on campus, including academic departments, the Registrar, Students Accounts, and Financial Aid. The manager serves as a key member of the risk management team. The manager will be responsible for management of the Office of Study Abroad and oversees the Study Abroad coordinator, other full-time and part-time employees and student workers including graduate assistants.
Essential Qualifications: Position Requires:
• Master's degree with five years of progressively responsible experience relevant to study abroad in an educational setting.
• Proven record of administrative and financial competence and organizational skills at the middle management level.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills in a multicultural environment.
• Fluency (written and oral) in a language in addition to English is required.
• Ability to interact effectively with students, parents, faculty, study abroad programs, and overseas partner organizations.
• Experience managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment while remaining attentive to detail.
• Excellent judgment and ability to handle difficult situations.
• Experience with developing and managing program budgets.
• Quantitative and qualitative research skills.
• Ability to travel locally and internationally.
• Significant experience living or studying abroad.
• College-level teaching experience and/or academic advising in a college setting.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Review of applications will begin November 1, 2012 and continues until the position is filled. Applications may be found at www.uca.edu/hr. Submit a letter of application, resume and three letters of recommendation to:
University of Central Arkansas
360 Farris Road
Conway, AR 72034
UCA is an affirmative action/equal opportunity emplover.