Position Summary: The Research Associate is responsible for writing and maintaining programs that extract data from UCA's Banner database and the Arkansas Department of Higher Education (AD HE) database in response to internal, external, state, and federal reporting requirements.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Writes and maintains computer programs to produce accurate and consistent data for analysis
• Writes and updates reports for use by the campus community and the Institutional Research (IR) staff
• Completes assigned projects with accuracy adhering to project deadlines
• Provides reliable, relevant, and accurate data and information to facilitate planning, budgeting,
program evaluation, and development of policy decisions
• Learns ADHE report terminology and codes
• Learns common IR terminology and definitions
• Bachelor's degree
• Ability to extract data from database using various computer software applications
• Ability to analyze data and identify inconsistencies
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to provide information to state agencies, federal agencies, staff, and campus personnel
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Access
• Proficiency in SQL, advanced skills preferred
Please send a letter of application, resume, and three professional references to Amber Hall, Office of Institutional Research, 20 I S. Donaghey, Wingo 114, Conway, AR 72035 or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. If applicant has questions, please contact Amber Hall at email@example.com.
Closing Date: November 27, 2012
The University of Central Arkansas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.