PUBLIC INFORMATION SPECIALIST-OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT-UCA INTERNAL HIRE ONLY
UCA INTERNAL HIRE ONLY
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Public Information Specialist works under the supervision of the President and oversees and manages the welcome center/front desk in the lobby of Wingo Hall.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Serve as the primary staff person for a new UCA "Welcome Center".
2. Assist and direct visitors, prospective students, and parents.
3. Answer questions about UCA.
4. Provide general overview of campus.
5. Answer/channel all incoming calls through multi-line switchboard system.
6. Maintain inventory for the President's Office/house.
7. Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE. SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Effective Communication Skills
• Be able to multi-task
• Pleasant and informative
• In-depth knowledge of UCA programs and organizations, as well as knowledge of the
• Knowledge and ability to use computers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The formal education equivalent of a bachelor's degree with a major in communications, journalism, public relations, or related field; plus one year of experience in public relations or related area. Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management. OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Applications may be found at www.uca.edu/hr or in the Human Resources office at 201 Donaghey, Wingo 106, Conway, AR 72035. Please submit the application to the Human Resources office before 4:30 PM on the closing date.