PROGRAM COORDINATOR-DEPARTMENT OF PROVOST AND VICE PRESIDENT FOR ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
The University of Central Arkansas Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs is accepting applications for a Program Coordinator. The position is classified (C116) and reports to the Assistant to the Provost and Project/Program Administrator. A cover letter and resume listing education, work history, and pertinent experience is required for consideration.
Along with other assigned duties, the Program Coordinators responsibilities include:
• Planning and overseeing logistics for special events, receptions, conferences, and meetings, on campus and off;
• Working with catering services and physical plant personnel;
• Scheduling travel for administrators housed in the Office of the Provost, along with conference registrations;
• Hiring and supervision of student workers, checking and approving time sheets, maintaining Excel spreadsheet of student workers hours, and overseeing work schedules;
• Serving as assistant to Director of Assessment and Associate Provosts;
• Ordering office supplies and promotional items;
• Serving as recording secretary to the Undergraduate Council;
• Designing and producing internal invitations and notices; and
• Scheduling and managing two conference rooms.
Preferred knowledge, skills, and abilities include evaluation of information and formulation of recommendations; the preparation of reports, proficiency in the use of Microsoft software, especially Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; knowledge of university operations and divisions; knowledge of state, federal, and campus rules, regulations, and requirements related to academic and social programs; a working knowledge of Banner; and the ability to coordinate events.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The formal education equivalent of a bachelor's degree with a major in sociology, public administration, or related field; plus two years of experience in program administration or related area. Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management. OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Applications may be found at www.uca.edu/hr or in the Human Resources office at 201 Donaghey, Wingo 106, Conway, AR 72035. Please submit the application to the Human Resources office before 4:30 PM on the closing date.