The University of Central Arkansas invites applications for the position of General Counsel, which reports directly to the President. The General Counsel will manage all legal matters regarding the University, advise the Board of Trustees and President on legal issues, and work collaboratively with the University’s leadership. The successful candidate will prepare and review legal documentation for university transactions; review personnel matters; draft, review, and interpret university policies, rules, and procedures for faculty, staff and students; identify and manage legal risks, as well as represent the University in any litigation, if required; and complete such other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the President.
• Juris Doctor degree from a law school approved for accreditation by the American Bar Association;
• A member in good standing of the Bar of the supreme court of the state in which he or she practices law;
• Licensed to practice law in Arkansas OR eligible for prompt admission to the Arkansas Bar;
• Evidence of excellent oral and written communication skills; and
• Senior-level legal experience in a law firm, government agency, corporation, or comparable entity.
UCA is a comprehensive regional university with over 11,000 students. The campus is noted for its beauty and is conveniently located in Conway, a rapidly growing city of 60,000 and home to two private colleges, a public school system ranked amount the state’s best, and strong K-12 parochial schools.
Please submit application (www.uca.edu/hr) and resume to Dr. Graham Gillis, Office of Human Resources, 201 Donaghey Avenue, Wingo 106, Conway, AR 72035 or email@example.com.