FACULTY LIBRARIAN FOR CATALOGING-TORREYSON LIBRARY
POSITION SUMMARY: Torreyson Library, University of Central Arkansas, invites applicants to fill a twelve month Library faculty vacancy. The successful applicant will:
• Perform original and copy cataloging on print and other types of materials using OCLC and Innovative’s Millennium system. Assign Library of Congress classification numbers and Library of Congress subject headings as necessary. Assist cataloging staff with issues/problems as they arise.
• Engage with faculty and students across campus to support their teaching and research needs.
• Provide regular reference services.
• Participate in instructional services activities.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
Some weekend and evening work will be required. Position reports directly to the Head of Cataloging.
• ALA-accredited MLS degree.
• Strong preference for cataloging as a career
• Knowledge of cataloging standards, including RDA, AACR2, MARC21, and Library of Congress classification and subject headings.
• Ability to work with a diverse staff in a collegial, team environment.
• Strong public service commitment.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Willingness to learn from experienced colleagues
• Demonstrated ability to pay attention to detail.
• Ability to manage multiple assignments.
• Experience with OCLC and/or Millennium.
• Experience with metadata; i.e. Dublin Core, EAD, etc. a plus
• Public services and reference services experience.
• Academic Library experience.
RANK: Faculty Librarians at UCA have the right to choose, upon initial appointment, whether to accept tenure track or non-tenure track status. Appointment to the rank of Library Assistant Professor requires, in addition to an ALA-accredited MLS, 30 semester credit hours of graduate work in an approved discipline.
THE UNIVERSITY: UCA is located in beautiful Conway, Arkansas, a progressive, rapidly growing community of nearly 60,000 just 35 miles from the state capital of Little Rock. Conway is home not only to UCA, but also to two private colleges. The University is comprised of six colleges and has an enrollment of approximately 11,000 students.
APPLICATION INFORMATION : Submit letter of application, resume, and three references (with current email, address, phone) to: Art Lichtenstein, Director of the Library, Torreyson Library, UCA, 201 Donaghey Avenue, Conway AR 72035.
CLOSING DATE: MAY 6, 2013
Salary: Middle $30,000 range.
The University of Central Arkansas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action educator and employer.