POSITION TITLE: Faculty Librarian for Government Documents
POSITION SUMMARY: Torreyson Library, University of Central Arkansas, invites applicants to fill a twelve month Library faculty vacancy. The successful applicant will: • Accept primary responsible for a selective federal and full state government documents repository.
• Engage with faculty across campus to support their teaching and research needs.
• Keep up with local, regional, and national government documents issues and trends.
• Provide regular reference services.
• Participate in instructional services activities.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
Some weekend and evening work will be required. Position reports directly to the Assistant Director of the Library.
• ALA-accredited MLS.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent public service attitude.
• Ability to manage multiple assignments.
• Ability to work hard both independently and collegially.
• Willingness to learn from experienced colleagues.
• Government Documents experience.
• Public services and reference services experience.
• Academic Library experience.
RANK: Faculty Librarians at UCA have the right to choose, upon initial appointment, whether to accept tenure track or non-tenure track status. Appointment to the rank of Library Assistant Professor requires, in addition to an ALA-accredited MLS, 30 semester credit hours of graduate work in an approved discipline.
THE UNIVERSITY: UCA is located in beautiful Conway, Arkansas. a progressive. rapidly growing community of nearly 60,000 just 35 miles from the state capital of Little Rock. Conway is home not only to UCA, but also to two private colleges. The University is comprised of six colleges and has an enrollment of approximately 11,000 students.
APPLICATION INFORMATION: Salary: Middle $30,000 range. Submit letter of application, resume, and three references (with current email, address, phone) to: Art Lichtenstein, Director of the Library, Torreyson Library, UCA, 201 Donaghey Avenue, Conway AR 72035.
All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the US Immigration and Naturalization Service.