DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OPERATIONS-OFFICE OF THE PROVOST
Position Summary: The University of Central Arkansas seeks a Director of Information Technology Operations to lead the Department of Information Technology. This position will report to the Associate Provost and Chief
Information Officer and playa key role in strategic and technology planning to identify current and future needs, evaluate current trends in technology, and develop budgets to address the implementation of the university's technology plans. This position will also be responsible for maintaining the full functionality of the university's information technology systems and ensuring a high level of customer service and support to the university's constituents.
Job Duties and Responsibilities: The successful candidate will provide leadership, general oversight, and direction for the use of technology on campus to include but not limited to higher education ERP systems, distance education, campus network, computer labs, and academic technology support. This position will advise the Associate Provost and Chief Information Officer, the Provost, the Vice President for Finance and Administration, and other university officials on matters of technology.
Preference will be given to candidates who have a demonstrated ability to contribute to an instructional program in computer science, management information systems, mathematics, or a related field.
• A minimum often years of management experience with at least five of those years in senior IT management.
• Experience in the management of information systems in a higher education setting.
• Proven skills with project management, strategic/organizational planning, and policy development.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop team involvement.
• A master's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field - or a baccalaureate degree in a similar field with experience demonstrating advanced expertise - is required.
For more information about this position, email Jonathan Glenn, Associate Provost and CIO, at email@example.com.
To apply, submit a letter of application, a current resume/curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information for three current professional references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line Director of Information Technology Operations Search, or by postal mail to:
Director of Information Technology Operations Search
ATTN: Carol Daves
Office of the Provost
University of Central Arkansas
Conway, AR 72035
Applications received by March 1,2013 will receive full consideration. The starting date for the
successful candidate is negotiable.
The University of Central Arkansas is an AA/EOE employer.