DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT-DIVISION OF OUTREACH
The Director of the Center for Community and Economic Development (CCED) is responsible for setting the vision and direction of the division’s community and economic development programs, developing training opportunities that help position the university as a leader in community and economic development, supervising CCED staff, and identifying and participating in engagement opportunities both on and off campus that further the goals of CCED.
• Serve as Director of the Community Development Institute (CDI) which includes oversight and management of institute curriculum, volunteer management, marketing, advisory board leadership, and representation on the Community Development Council.
• Develop and maintain collaborative partnerships with university, state and national stakeholders for implementation of community and economic development goals through participation in committees, boards, conferences, and presentations.
• Supervise CCED professional staff and student workers, including cultivating the team’s skills by creating opportunities for ongoing professional development.
• Participate in the OCE Leadership Team in order to communicate division priorities to the CCED team, leverage CCED’s success and resources for the benefit of the division and the university, and take an active role in the development and implementation of the division’s strategic plan.
• Serve as primary investigator for grant projects.
• Oversee finances of CDI foundation accounts, and CCED departmental and grant budgets.
• Oversee development of training and technical assistance for Arkansas communities.
• As adjunct professor in the Master of Science in Community and Economic Development degree program, work with program director to develop connecting points with CDI and CCED.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and social media strategies.
• Strong business communication skills, including the ability to make public presentations.
• Professional Community Economic Developer Certification, as required by the national Community Development Council.
• Master of Science in Community and Economic Development or related graduate degree, such as MPA or MBA.
• At least three years of applied experience in community and economic development in Arkansas.
• Experience managing and implementing grants.
• Successful work history with state and local government officials and nonprofit organizations.
• Ability to travel for conferences, meetings, and grant-related projects.
• Experience working in higher education
• Graduate of the Community Development Institute
To apply, please submit a University of Central Arkansas application for employment, cover letter, current résumé/curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of three current professional references by e-mail or postal mail to:
Director, Center for Community and Economic Development Search
ATTN: Kristy Carter, Executive Director
Division of Outreach and Community Engagement
University of Central Arkansas
201 Donaghey, BHCC Suite 102
Conway, AR 72035
Position closes: April 19, 2013
The University of Central Arkansas is an AA/EOE employer.
AVID – UCA dedicates itself to academic vitality, integrity, and diversity.