Position Summary: The Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in recruiting, training, scouting of opponents, weekly mail- outs, organizing home visits, organizing official visits and unofficial visits, all other day-to-day operations associated with this profession, and coaching members of the Men’s Basketball Team. The Assistant Coach of Men’s Basketball is required to abide by the rules and regulations established by the University of Central Arkansas, the Southland Conference, and NCAA. This is a full-time position. UCA is a member of the NCAA at the Division I level. UCA is an AA/EOE employer.
• Assist with year-round recruitment of high school and junior college players, including recruitment by evaluation, phone and letters to coaches and players
• Maintain knowledge of offensive and defensive coaching strategies
• Assist with pre/post workouts
• Ability to monitor student-athlete academic progress
• And other duties as assigned by the head coach
• Represent the University of Central Arkansas and the Men’s Basketball Program in a professional manner.
Education/Experience: Bachelor¹s degree required, master¹s degree preferred. A strong commitment to the Student-Athlete concept and a working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations is required. One to two years collegiate coaching experience including effective leadership, communication, coaching and recruiting skills is preferred.
Organizational Relationships: The Assistant Coach will report directly to the Head Coach and is a member of the Athletic Department.
CLOSING DATE: MAY 1, 2013
Send applications, resumes, transcripts, and letters of recommendation to: