ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF RESIDENCE LIFE-HOUSING AND RESIDENCE LIFE
UCA’s Mission and Core Values
The University of Central Arkansas, a leader in 21st-century higher education, is committed to excellence through the delivery of outstanding undergraduate and graduate education that remains current and responsive to the diverse needs of those it serves. The university’s faculty and staff promote the intellectual, professional, social, and personal development of its students through innovations in learning, scholarship, and creative endeavors. Students, faculty, and staff partner to create strong engagement with the local, national, and global communities. The University of Central Arkansas dedicates itself to academic vitality, integrity, and diversity.
Housing & Residence Life’s Mission
The mission of Housing & Residence Life at the University of Central Arkansas is to provide a residential experience which supports the academic mission of the university and extends student's educational experience beyond the classroom.
The Associate Director for Residence Life is responsible for providing comprehensive leadership for a Residence Life program of over 3,600 students. Major responsibilities include: student retention and success, supervision, staff recruitment and development, student conduct, and administrative and operational functions. The Associate Director of Residence Life will report directly to the Assistant Vice-President of Housing and Contract Services.
Student Retention and Success
• Responsible for comprehensive Residence Life program focused on student development and retention
• Oversees the development and implementation of academic and retention initiatives including:
MAP-Works, an early warning and intervention system
Residential Colleges, in partnership with Academic Affairs
Sophomore Year Experience
• Provides leadership in the development of educational programming within the residence halls and apartment complexes.
• Provides counseling and referral for students with educational, personal, or other concerns.
• Attend community development activities in the residence halls and apartment complexes
• Respond to students and parents housing and residence life concerns on a regular basis.
Supervision and Staff Recruitment and Development
• Directly supervise Residence Life professional staff members and Graduate Assistant for Student Conduct
• Indirectly supervise Residence Life staff of 20 graduate assistants and 120 student staff
• Coordinates the staff recruitment process for full time residence life staff members as well as graduate staff
• Coordinates the staff evaluation process for graduate and student staff
• Oversees the recruitment of student staff
• Coordinates the planning and directing of the staff development and training process for professional, graduate, and student staff
• Encourages, supports and initiates opportunities for staff development at all levels of the departmental organization, to include professional conference attendance and departmental committee work
• Works with Dean of Students and Graduate Assistant for Student Conduct to ensure the adjudication of potential policy violations that occur in residence halls and apartment complexes
• Oversees consistent implementation of student conduct software (CoCo)
• Collaborates with Dean of Student’s Office and UCA Police Department to ensure accurate reporting of Clery Act incidents that occur in residence halls and apartment complexes
Administrative and Operational Functions
• Assist Assistant Vice President and Director of Housing with long range planning process for Housing and Residence Life
• Assist the Director of Housing in the development of goals and administrative policies for Housing and Residence Life.
• Formulates mission and goals for the residence life program
• Reviews and recommends residence life policy and procedure changes
• Serves as liaison to campus constituents including but not limited to: Residential College, Admissions, International Engagement, University Police, Counseling and Testing, Student Life, and Dean of Students
• Oversees Housing and Residence Life rental houses
• Chair, advise, and serve/on departmental, divisional, or university committees as invited or assigned.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice-President of Housing and Contract Services
• Master’s degree in College Student Personnel or Higher Education
• Five years post-master’s full-time work experience. Other job related education and /or experience may be substituted for all or part of these basic requirements for certification or licensure requirements, upon approval of the qualifications review committee.
• 3 years supervisory experience of full-time and mid-level professional staff
• Start Date: June 15th negotiable
The annual salary range is $40,000 to $45,000 commensurate with experience and University benefits which include a comprehensive health plan, life insurance, TIAA-CREF or Arkansas Public Employees Retirement System, and paid leave. Live-on/live-off option for this position is negotiable.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please send a UCA application found at www.uca.edu/hr to: