ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST III - ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT
JOB DESCRIPTION: The University of Central Arkansas Office of the Vice President for Enrollment Management is accepting applications for an Administrative Specialist III to serve as Assistant to the Vice President. The position is classified (C112) and reports to the Vice President for Enrollment Management. A cover letter and resume listing education, work history, and pertinent experience is required for consideration, in addition to the standard application through Human Resources.
The Administrative Specialist III is responsible for coordinating office activities, researching and preparing special reports, and developing, revising, and recommending administrative policies and procedures as directed by his/her supervisor. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
KNOWLEDGES, ABILITIES AND SKILLS: Along with other assigned duties, the Administrative Specialist III and Assistant to the Vice President's responsibilities include:
• Gathering and compiling information and data to formulate reports on student recruitment, persistence and retention under the Vice President's direction
• Working with the Vice President and Enrollment Management Directors to develop new or revise existing programs and procedures that impact student recruitment, persistence and success
• Assisting with the budget for Enrollment Services and the Office of the Vice President for Enrollment Management
• Maintaining the Vice President's calendar and handling correspondence
• Scheduling travel for administrators housed in the Division of Enrollment Management
• Ordering office supplies and promotional items
• Conducting and organizing professional development workshops and programs for Division employees
• Serving as recording secretary for Division and committee meetings
• Hiring and supervision of student workers, checking and approving time sheets
• Working with catering, the calendar office, and physical plant personnel to promote functions and maintain facilities
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS: Preferred knowledge, skills and abilities include an understanding of the organization and administration of institutions of higher education; proficiency in the use of MS Word, Excel, and Power Point; excellent communication and interpersonal skills; a working knowledge of the Banner student information system; and the ability to be self-directed.
The formal education or equivalent of a bachelor's degree with a major in public administration, communications, liberal arts or related fields, and at least two years of experience in office administration or related areas preferred.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma; plus one year of specialized training in business management, business education, or a related field; plus three years of experience in specialized or a related field applicable to work performed. Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management. OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Applications may be found at www.uca.edu/hr or in the Human Resources office at 201 Donaghey, Wingo 106, Conway, AR 72035. Please submit the application to the Human Resources office before 4:30 PM on the closing date.