ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST III-BEAR CARD DEPARTMENT
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Administrative Specialist III is considered an essential position in the BearCard Office responsible for assuring the office is open and ready for day-to-day business. This position is highly visible and requires exemplary customer service to all guests, students and parents to the University and BearCard Office as well as attention to details regarding administrative tasks.
The Administrative Specialist III is responsible for coordinating office activities, researching and preparing special reports, and developing, revising, and recommending administrative policies and procedures as directed by supervisor. Reviews and answers or prepares correspondence relating to agency/institution programs. Interprets agency administrative directives, policies, and procedures to ensure consistent application. Provides information, assistance, and clarifications to interested parties concerning agency/institution programs, policies, and procedures. Assists supervisor by maintaining leave records, appointment calendar, and prioritizing incoming correspondence. Supervise a small student worker staff and evaluate the work performance. Performs other duties as assigned.
Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Make BearCard Replacement ID deposits.
• Make ID cards for students and faculty/staff.
• Promote BearBucks and take payments in office and on the phone.
• Check and respond to BearCard Office email daily.
• Act as the primary customer services representative for the office.
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of work-related subject area. Knowledge of computers and software applications. Ability to prepare, present, and review oral and written information and reports. Ability to research and analyze related work program information. Ability to develop, recommend, interpret, and apply policies and procedures. Ability to analyze financial records and prepare reports. Ability to plan, organize, and direct the work of others.
Specific skills include but are not limited to:
• Knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
• Knowledge of general office procedures.
• Knowledge of basic record keeping procedures.
• Knowledge of word processing applications.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment.
• Ability to provide information and assistance to office staff, visitors, and callers.
• Ability to extract and organize information.
• Knowledge of the campus software systems.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma; plus one year of specialized training in business management, business education, or a related field; plus three years of experience in specialized or a related field applicable to work performed. Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management. OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Applications may be found at www.uca.edu/hr or in the Human Resources office at 201 Donaghey, Wingo 106, Conway, AR 72035. Please submit the application to the Human Resources office before 4:30 PM on the closing date.