10. Too Much Furniture: All Residence Halls & Apartments come furnished and the UCA property that’s in the room cannot be removed from the room for storage.
9. Loft Beds: Due to a wide variety of safety concerns we cannot allow loft beds of any type in UCA Housing.
8. Weapons or Illegal Drugs: Both items are not permitted on campus. Please see UCAPD for information about storing your hunting weapons.
7. Hot Plates: Due to fire risks and safety concerns residence hall residents are not permitted to have this type of appliance in their rooms. Apartment residents are permitted a wider selection of approved appliances, please see the Student Handbook for more details.
6. Toasters; Due to fire risks and safety concerns residence hall residents are not permitted to have this type of appliance in their rooms. Apartment residents are permitted a wider selection of approved appliances, please see the Student Handbook for more details.
5. Pets; While furry friends are fun, we cannot allow students to bring them to reside in UCA Housing. However, residents are permitted to have a fish tank and fish.
4. Alcohol: UCA is a dry campus. Both underage and of age students are not allowed to have alcohol on campus.
3. Microwaves: Due to the electrical output required to operate a microwave we cannot allow residence hall students to have microwaves. However, micro-fridges are allowed and details about renting a unit are available on their website: collegefridge.com. Farris Hall is the only residence hall allowed to have microwaves due to their fridge being included in their room by UCA.
2. Candles: Due to obvious fire safety risks we cannot allow candles with wicks to be brought into any UCA Housing facility. However, decorative candles with the wicks removed are allowed.
1. Extension Cords: Due to the high fire risk when an extension cord is overloaded, we cannot allow them in any UCA Housing facility. Surge protectors with a reset switch are permitted because when they are overloaded they shut off, decreasing the risk of fire.