How do I apply for housing?
The UCA Housing application is now online!
1. Log into myUCA. (my.uca.edu)
2. Click the tab at the top labeled “MyUCA.”
3. Locate the “Housing and Residence Life” channel on the right side of the page.
4. Click the button that says “Access myHousing.”
5. Click the button that says “Continue.”
6. Click the button that says “New to Housing.”
7. Select the UCA Housing application from the drop-down menu.
8. Follow the application instructions presented to you on the website.
9. Pay the $100 deposit.
10. Apply as early as possible to obtain maximum consideration, as well as the roommate of your choice.
Where can I find the Application?
The Housing application and Lease can be found on myUCA. Once you are admitted to UCA, you will be given a login and password for myUCA.
How can I pay the $100.00 Deposit?
There are several ways you can pay this deposit.
- Mail it. Send a check, money order, or cash to our office.
- Pay in person in our office. We accept cash, checks, money orders, and credit cards. (Visa, MasterCard, and American Express).
- You can also pay with a credit card online. (If deposit is received without an application we will only hold the payment for 7 days prior to refunding the payment to you.)
Is there a deadline to apply?
There is not a deadline for applying but we encourage you to apply early so that we have opportunities to meet your needs. Roommate requests can not be guaranteed if received more than 14 days apart or after April 1. Rooms are assigned on a first come first served basis.
Is there anything extra to apply for a Residential College?
When you log on to myUCA > myHousing, you will be prompted to apply for UCA Housing. If you select a Residential College as one of your housing preferences, you will need to complete an essay. For more information about Residential Colleges visit uca.edu/residential.
What is a housing lease?
Just like a lease for an off campus apartment, the housing lease lists the terms and conditions of the agreement. You must sign an academic year lease in order to live on campus. The lease covers the entire academic year not just the semester under which it was submitted. We strongly suggest that you read your lease completely and make sure you understand all terms, conditions, and penalties prior to signing your lease.
What does the housing deposit do?
The deposit acts as a guarantee that you will have a room and insures you against damages up to $100.00.
Will I get the deposit back?
New Students applying for housing: If you decide not to attend UCA or live in campus housing, you can receive a refund of your deposit if you send written cancellation notification of your housing reservation to our office before May 10.
Simply withdrawing from UCA does not automatically cancel your housing reservation. It is important that you notify our office in writing prior to May 10th to receive the full $100.00 refund. You must cancel in writing before July 10th to receive a $50.00 refund. If you cancel after July 10th, your deposit will be forfeited. If you do not cancel by August 15th and you have signed your lease, you will be charged the $425 lease buy out fee in addition to forfeiting your deposit.
Current Students already in housing: If you are leaving at any time during your lease period you will NOT get your deposit back. If you are leaving housing at the end of the academic year, you will get your deposit back provided you are not returning to housing, you do not have any damages, and you have checked out properly with your Resident Assistant.
When will I find out my room assignment?
This depends on when you apply for housing. All assignments will be posted on myUCA in the myHousing section. The earliest assignments go out is the last week of April. With subsequent assignments going out each month after that until all students are assigned. Please keep in mind if you apply extremely late we might not have time to get your housing assignment prepared prior to move-in day.
If I don't like my residence hall, roommate, or room can I change?
Yes, you may change rooms when or if spaces are available. Room changes take place after the first two weeks of classes. If you are interested in a room change please visit the Housing Office in Bernard Hall Suite 201 to apply for the change.
What happens if my roommate never moves in?
You have three options:
- You may find another student to move in with you.
- You may move into a room with another resident within another facility.
- You may be able to keep your room as a private room provided there are enough rooms for all students. Private rooms for freshman are not available during their first semester.
Is it a good idea for me to talk to my roommate before I move in?
YES! Conversing with your roommate whether by phone, Facebook, Twitter, or email is a great idea. It lets you get to know the person and also provides a way for you to decide who is bringing what.
Can I decorate my room?
Your room is your home, at least for nine months, so you can decorate within reason. Plants, carpets, rugs, posters, fish in small aquariums, are all acceptable. Keep in mind that the furniture must remain in the room and is not to be removed for any reason.