Thank you for your interest in the UCA Housing & Residence Life Student Staff positions. Below please find answers to questions you might have regarding the application process.
What are the various components of the application process?
A completed application includes the following items:
- Please complete the online application via OrgSync
- Three References (Click HERE for the Reference Form)
- One must be a member of the Housing Staff [i.e. RC, RA, HOST, Learning Assistant]
- Each reference must complete the Student Staff Reference Form. Completed Reference Forms MUST be submitted in a signed, sealed envelope to Housing and Res Life in Bernard Hall.
- Essay Responses
- Resume due at Group Process February 21st, 2014 at 5pm in Irby Hall
In addition to the completed application, you must attend and participate in group process and an individual interview. Socials will also be offered in all halls as an opportunity for the current staff to become acquainted with you.
FUNdatory Social hosted by the Housing and Res Life Office – February 3rd 2014 4pm SC Ballroom
What is the timeline for the application process?
- Applications available January 15th, 2014 and due via orgSync February 14th 2014
- Student Staff Interest Sessions:
- Please check with your RC or RA about when in hall info sessions are being held
- FUNdatory Social, mandatory attendance to continue the application process, is Febrary 3rd 2014 from 4pm to 6pm in the Student Center Ballroom on 2nd floor.
- February 21st, 2014 5pm to 9pm in Irby Hall: Group process and individual interviews (resume due).
When are completed applications due?
Completed applications are due via OrgSync and reference letters are to be delivered, signed, and sealed by February 12th 2014 to Housing Office (201 Bernard Hall 2nd Floor). Late applications will not be accepted.
What are the requirements to become a student staff member?
- Must have lived in University housing 1 full semester at the time of application.
- Must have successfully completed 24 credit hours at time of appointment.
- This means that you need to have completed 24 credit hours by August 2014
- Must meet the GPA requirement for the position you are applying for at time of application and appointment. Resident Assistant and HOST position require a 2.5 GPA. Learning Assistant position requires a 3.0 GPA. (Please note GPA requirements are for both semester and cumulative)
- Must be in good judicial standing with Housing and the University.
- Must be in good financial standing with the University.
- Turn in a completed application.
- Attend FUNdatory Informational and Social hosted by the Housing and Res Life Department