Thank you for your interest in the UCA Housing & Residence Life Student Staff positions. Below please find answers to questions you might have regarding the application process.
What are the various components of the application process?
A completed application includes the following items:
- Completed Application Form (online)
- Three References (Click HERE for the Reference Form)
- One must be a member of the Housing Staff [i.e. RC, RA, HOST, Learning Assistant]
- Each reference must complete the Student Staff Reference Form. Completed Reference Forms can be submitted with your application in a signed, sealed envelope.
- Essay Responses
- Resume due at Group Process
In addition to the completed application, you must attend and participate in group process and an individual interview. Socials will also be offered as an opportunity for the current staff to become acquainted with you.
What is the timeline for the application process?
- Janauary 10, 2013: Applications made available
- Student Staff Interest Sessions:
- January 28 to February 1, 2013: Each Residence Hall and Apartment Complex will hold informational meetings, look for advertisement for your respective Hall/Complex
- February 6, 2013: Completed applications due to Housing and Residence Life Office (Bernard 201) by 4:30 p.m.
- February 15, 2013: Group process and individual interviews (resume due) time and location TBA
When are completed applications due?
Completed applications are due to the Housing Office (201 Bernard Hall) by 4:30pm on Wednesday, February 6, 2013. Late applications will not be accepted.
What are the requirements to become a Student Staff member?
- Must have lived in University housing 2 full semesters.
- Must have successfully completed 24 credit hours at time of appointment.
- Must meet the GPA requirement for the position you are applying for at time of application and appointment. Resident Assistant and HOST position require a 2.5 GPA. Learning Assistant position requires a 3.0 GPA. (Please note GPA requirements are for both semester and cumulative)
- Must be in good judicial standing with Housing and the University.
- Must be in good financial standing with the University.