EMOGENE WALMSLEY FOX HEALTH EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP
1. The award is open to a college senior or a graduate student who is currently enrolled as a full-time student in a health education degree program at the University of Central Arkansas.
2. The student must have a minimum overall grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
3. An individual can receive the scholarship more than once; however, he/she must reapply and follow the same procedures as other applicants.
1. The completed application must be submitted and received by the Chairperson of the Department of Health Sciences by February 22nd (or November 1, if applicable).
2. All letters of application must be accompanied by:
- A current resume. Resumes must include any extracurricular activities and/or work experience.
- An official transcript from the institution granting the most recent degree and any coursework that fulfills requirements for any degree in progress.
- A statement of philosophy of health education and personal and professional goals.
- A narrative statement relative to current and future issues in health education.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from professional individuals in the academic major which address academic status, leadership potential and career commitment. Two (2) of the letters must be from the applicant’s advisor and a major professor.
The scholarship must be spent on tuition.
The award will be $500 per semester. All scholarship recipients will be officially recognized at the Annual Honors Convocation at the University of Central Arkansas.
Applications are to be sent to: The Emogene Walmsley Fox Scholarship Committee Chairperson of Department of Health Sciences UCA PO Box 5016 Conway, AR 72035-0001