Who needs graduate faculty status?
- If you instruct any graduate level course, whether part-time, adjunct, or full-time.
- If you are a thesis or dissertation committee member, whether you are a UCA employee or not.
- If you sit on the Graduate Council.
How do I apply for graduate faculty status?
- An applicant submits a Graduate Faculty application along with other required documents (see form) to their home department. Status category (full, associate, or affiliated) is determined by the individual’s employment status and engagement with graduate studies at the university. First-time applicants must include a copy of transcripts reflecting degrees awarded.
- The application packet then progresses through three levels of appraisal before being submitted to the Graduate School.
- The Graduate Dean presents the applicant as an information item to the Graduate Council. Any exception or application where there are differing recommendations from the faculty, chair or dean will be reviewed as an action item by the Graduate Council.
Which faculty currently hold Graduate Faculty status?
All UCA faculty and non-UCA professionals who hold Graduate Faculty status are listed in the Current Graduate Faculty List.